Vx3i versus vx3hd

tribb

Anyone with eyes 👀 experience please comment on brightness,clarity, holding a zero. Thank you all E.T.

I have 2 of the vx3i lrp 6.5-20x50
And just got a vx5hd 3-15x44
Both absolutely horrible......
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Both have really good glass....
I take my rifles on a lot of hikes..the extra weight is good exercise...both are very liteweight scopes...
But the bigger turrets on the lrp are fun in brush terrain....
The vx5hd so far is great....just haven't seen antler thru it yet....

I have several VX3 with the oldest being from the early 90's to mid 20's. Solid glass and track and hold zero perfectly no matter what gun they are on. Premier sold out to Leupold and I flippen moved too slow to get different reticles in them. I have two VX5 and two VX6 and they track perfectly with much more useable reticles for me today. The glass is superior I just don't know if it's good enough to justify the more cost for clarity.

I have several VX3 with the oldest being from the early 90's to mid 20's. Solid glass and track and hold zero perfectly no matter what gun they are on. Premier sold out to Leupold and I flippen moved too slow to get different reticles in them. I have two VX5 and two VX6 and they track perfectly with much more useable reticles for me today. The glass is superior I just don't know if it's good enough to justify the more cost for clarity.
Thanks

I do not have a VX3HD but I do have a VX5HD.

I prefer the overall clarity including brightness of my 3-15x44 VX5HD over that of my 4.5-14x50 VX3i

I can discern what is necessary better with the VX5HD at pre-dawn and at/after twilight than I can with my VX3i.

Someone who was born after the bicentennial of our great country might not agree. I probably would not have agree 10-15yrs ago myself. Why? Because the sharpness and clarity of the "HD" really matter after you are beyond the B.R. period of your life (i.e, Before Readers as in reading glasses). My vision always has been and still is better than 20/20 for anything more than a few feet away - because of that, I think that clarity is likely an even bigger factor in my case.

I have 2 of the vx3i lrp 6.5-20x50
And just got a vx5hd 3-15x44
Both absolutely horrible......
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Both have really good glass....
I take my rifles on a lot of hikes..the extra weight is good exercise...both are very liteweight scopes...
But the bigger turrets on the lrp are fun in brush terrain....
The vx5hd so far is great....just haven't seen antler thru it yet....
Thanks
I do not have a VX3HD but I do have a VX5HD.

I prefer the overall clarity including brightness of my 3-15x44 VX5HD over that of my 4.5-14x50 VX3i

I can discern what is necessary better with the VX5HD at pre-dawn and at/after twilight than I can with my VX3i.

Someone who was born after the bicentennial of our great country might not agree. I probably would not have agree 10-15yrs ago myself. Why? Because the sharpness and clarity of the "HD" really matter after you are beyond the B.R. period of your life (i.e, Before Readers as in reading glasses). My vision always has been and still is better than 20/20 for anything more than a few feet away - because of that, I think that clarity is likely an even bigger factor in my case.
Thank to you sir