VX3HD opinions

KTP

Been a longtime VX5HD fan but considering a VX3HD. I've never owned one but I'm looking at them for a 6.5 Grendel bolt action.
Give me the Good the Bad and the Ugly ……….

I own 4 with the Illuminated Twilight Hunter. Great hunting scope for the money. Limited elevation adj, but they are on rifles that are for 500yds and in. I have 3 VX5HD and 3 VX6. To my discerning eyes I cannot tell the difference between the glass on the five and six. I think the six is more expensive due to different power ranges and the digital leveling capability . bottom line if you're using it for a hunting rifle, 500 yards and in… then it's hard to beat the VX3 HD.

My views are like Justice1327, each glass has a purpose if you have many rifles putting 800 plus dollar scopes on them can get expensive. I have lower end (affordable) optics on my ar's and short range shooters, mid range and higher end scopes on hunting rifles for different wants/needs. I own many vx3's, personally have never had an issue with them. I to am a fan of the cds,

I've got a couple vx3's and never had a problem. Recently purchased the vx3 with the fire dot and CDS after using a vx r last deer season. Very good scope for the $$ in my opinion.
own 4 with the Illuminated Twilight Hunter. Great hunting scope for the money

X 2 for the Twilight firedot reticle!
X3^^^

Have a 3HD (2.5-8x) duplex on a muzzle loader. Great optic. Put one a friend's slug gun. Also very happy.
IMG_4105.jpeg

I still own 5 VX3HD's in fact the 2.5-8x36 is still one of my favorite scopes.
I have had to send one back to Leupold. A 4.5-14x40 Burnt Bronze windplex that would not focus past 300 at max magnification. I had two of them at the range and I had to dial way back on magnification to see the target with the one I sent back. I have it on a 6.5-284Norma and once I got it back, no issues.
I have VX5's, VX6HD's a Mark5HD and other high end glass on other rifles and do like having side parallax adjustment for longer range applications but for the money and weight they are good value.

I own a few. I really like them. A new 1.5X to 5X Lighted Cross hair , on a short barreled 06. A couple of the 4.5X to 14 X ,one on a 30mm Tube, and 8.5 X to 25X on my 270 Weatherby mag. Verry nice scope ,for the dollars. I still have some 3.5X to 10X VX 3 scopes on other hunting rifles. No problems or issues. I do have a VX 5 on 30mm main tube, with a Lighted Cross Hair. 3X to 15 X , zero stop Turret, on my Ultralight. I find them to be very clear , durable , hunting scopes. I have 40 X Leupold on my bench rest gun, 1/8 th. inch dot ,and I would compare it to any other scope on the line. A very long time ago I sent a VX 2 back to Leupold to have the Reticle changed. That hunting season , it leaked and fogged. They fixed it, no problem. I also sent a straight 12x back to Leupold to have the 1/2 inch dot removed, and much smaller dot replaced. and that all worked out fine. So lesson learned, Get the scope with the reticle you really want, from the start . Nothing against Vortex, / Night Force, / Swivorski ect!!! , but I'm a Leupold fan.

Recent Posts