Scope opinions!

I can tell you what I have and what I want based on my experience, but that is what I want. He can get good glass with good reticles for $1000-$1400. That will be good, durable, tracks well, etc. It might not be the reticle that speaks to him long term. His eyes might get tired after looking through it for a while, but it will be something good enough to figure out where he wants to go...
Burris XTR, Vortex PST Gen 2, Meopta Optika6, Athlon Ares BTR, Athlon Chronus, Leupold VX5, SWFA SS,
Then he should get a $600 scope and use it until he figures it out. Unless he has money to burn, in that case, go for it! To me, a $1400 scope is not a "good enough" scope; its a keeper. Just my 2 cents, but I'm a cheap so and so...

I would consider the NF SHV and Zeiss conquest. I shoot steel out to 1400 rds and have killed game out to 530yds
Good glass for just under $1000.

Then he should get a $600 scope and use it until he figures it out. Unless he has money to burn, in that case, go for it! To me, a $1400 scope is not a "good enough" scope; its a keeper. Just my 2 cents, but I'm a cheap so and so...

I agree. Have seen/used serviceable $200 scopes, that is how I determined what I needed when I bought my $500 scope. Which told me what I wanted when I went to $1000.

i guess that is kind of my point. To recommend a $1800-$2000 scope to somebody is just telling them what I want. It is not what they want....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.