Favorite Truck Gun- Lets hear about your favorite truck gun.

Mine's a heavy barreled savage target in 223 or the wife's 22 creed. Tomorrow will be my 6.5 sherman short. Going to look for long range coyotes and sage rats. Make me want to build a short handy gun. Could also be sporting my 6 creed.

Wouldn't that just turn a bullet into a screw? 🤣
I found where I saw it. Bryan Litz posted a video of bullet exiting the barrel. No details lots of opinions in comments, my eyes aren't good enough to tell you much.

The extreme twist I've seen have been sub-sonic. Other variables involved likely in what final form looks like.

I hope it threads all the way through an animal, and shreds everything in between. Just cause it would give us one more thing in terminal performance we can discuss. Or is it dis and :rolleyes:cuss

264 spends alot of time in the trucks, tractors and side x side's at our place... but levers are a very close second. If 264 isn't close by, some kinda Winchester typically will be.

On the pastures though, horseback, all I take anymore is a Colt. When my rope and the med's in the saddlebags don't suffice, Colt fills in.

Not much you can't do with a good bolt gun, a winchester & a Colt 🙂

My latest truck gun, a B&T APC45 PRO. The Omega 45 for it is on eForm4 since July

20220720_113737.jpg

Truck Guns:

Most, if not all, farmers, ranchers and mountaineers carry their favorite truck gun everywhere for personal, livestock or crop protection.

As a farmer:
My current is a stainless Savage 110 Storm in 223 Rem. I bought it when they first came out in a bundle deal with a 3-9x40 Vortex Crossfire BDC scope. The sun has baked the cheap anodizing on the scope to a pinkish color.
Although it has never ever been cleaned... it shoots 1/2 MOA with my Mexican Match ammo, which is bulk Tula 55 gr fmj pulled and seated with cheap factory seconds 55 gr V-Max. Only a bit of chamfering of the crimp to seat the flat base bullet and done.
It has taken many different species of depratory animals and varmint such as wild hogs, coyotes, racoons, nutria, mink, rats and birds.

What is your favorite truck gun?
The Savages are too nice for that, so a well-used Hi-Point 9mm carbine has become the "tractor gun" of choice. It has eliminated several coyotes that have learned to "hunt" in broad daylight as they follow in behind the mowing machine. A fender scabbard keeps it safe yet close. Truck gun used to be a little .410.

Ruger American .308 18" bbl with muzzle brake. ASC Raptor 1-6 scope (I can't see open sights anymore). Very quick target acquisition and enough fire power to take from hogs to deer to varmints. Lots of both here in East Tx in the river bottom. Loaded with 168 A-Max running about 2700 fps. Pretty accurate for such a short barrel.
And a G-22 with a handful of mags for closer work.

I don't have a truck but when I venture out in my low to ground, city SUV I tote whatever might be suitable for the occasion - 1911 & scope sighted Ruger MKIV .22LR always - .22-.250 (75 ELDM & 62 Barnes tipped) if traversing vast rural areas. All must be concealed & locked within vehicle but be easily available.

We like camping, haven't done much in the last years as we had 4 kids in 3 years (at present have a 5 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old twins)…but once we start doing that more again my "just in case" camper/truck gun is a short barreled 12 guage pump. Biggest predator in my neck of the woods is a black bear so that's plenty…and in all honesty the more realistic concern these days are predators of the two legged variety. In remote places you see evil minded people be bolder as they know there's probably no cops around or witnesses. And a 12 guage pump is great for that.

Mine is most generally a Model 7: 16" 308, laminated stock, with PTG DBM and a 10 round magazine. The barrel is threaded, but I have never found the recoil of a 308 to be bothersome. The scope is a Vortex 2.5-10x24. I think the weight all together is about 8 pounds, that laminated stock is chunky!
A short little folding 300blk has been making the rounds as well. It fits in a laptop bag.

This thread is making me think I need to toss my Kel-Tec Sub 2K in the truck. Folded and in a bag. 🤔
I know I'm getting paranoid now that

A) I need a truck
B) I don't have a gun that can handle any and all possible scenarios 😁😁😁😁🤣🤣🤣🤣

I need a handy little short barrelled cz550 in 458 Lott cuz you never know, they're talking about de-extincting the wooly mammoth and winter in Saskatchewan seems like prime mammoth habitat