Favorite Truck Gun- Lets hear about your favorite truck gun.

Right side. Many Many thousands of rounds through that Stag barrel in the last 10 years. Lot more wear on the paint too, this picture is a few years old. She eats everything and never skips a beat
a6gcjbE.jpg

The dreaded loser cruiser.
I remember when my wife and I were young and just married we swore to each other that if either of us proposed buying a van in the future the other would slap them haha. But now we have four kids five and under. And we love our loser cruiser! Or more so, nothing else could do what it does.

We did have a large SUV for a while AND I AM TOTALLY OVER THOSE! They suck! They're trying to be capable of what a truck can do and a van can do and they're not really capable of equaling either for their respective purposes. Our former SUV got the same mileage as my dads 3/4 ton without being able to anything it could do besides drive, could not carry as many people and their stuff nearly as comfortably as our van does, and cost more to put plates on than either!

Plus if you've even had twins in car seats y'all know how BLESSED it is to have sliding doors in parking lots….

We looked at a few minivans 3 years ago. I REALLY wanted to like the Sienna.

The space, relative fuel economy, carseat access, and better utility for anything that my truck would not really be a better vehicle for than an SUV. They just make a lot of sense, and I don't care about aesthetics, 'losermobile,' etc.

Alas, the driver seat and general driving experience was just miserable in a way that nothing else I've driven compares.
We didn't try out any others like the Honda or Kia, and I won't touch anything Chrysler.

Coming up on time for a new family toter for my wife, and we will look again.

I see this thread morph in two directions—I think about a truck gun is what I carry to feed the cows—drive around in the mule—shoot varmints around the farm. I can also see the "truck gun"as a SHTF gun…that is completely a different take for me…
Yep

For that first kind of truck gun in addition to the aforementioned 8x57 huskie I think my beat up old savage 99 in 243 might fit the bill. Or dads .30-30 - the original "truck gun"

Lots of Ruger 10/22s in trucks at the moment no doubt