Favorite Truck Gun- Lets hear about your favorite truck gun.

I see this thread morph in two directions—I think about a truck gun is what I carry to feed the cows—drive around in the mule—shoot varmints around the farm. I can also see the "truck gun"as a SHTF gun…that is completely a different take for me…
I tend to think of it as both. That's why it's usually an AR for me with an optic of some sort. My previous post with the camo AR shows the type of wear it's gotten as it's rode front seat in trucks, racks on the quad and rode on a few tractors. When the plandemic was a thing and people were rioting, it was often found ready to go with a plate carrier and bag in the back of the car too.

I remember when my wife and I were young and just married we swore to each other that if either of us proposed buying a van in the future the other would slap them haha. But now we have four kids five and under. And we love our loser cruiser! Or more so, nothing else could do what it does.

We did have a large SUV for a while AND I AM TOTALLY OVER THOSE! They suck! They're trying to be capable of what a truck can do and a van can do and they're not really capable of equaling either for their respective purposes. Our former SUV got the same mileage as my dads 3/4 ton without being able to anything it could do besides drive, could not carry as many people and their stuff nearly as comfortably as our van does, and cost more to put plates on than either!

Plus if you've even had twins in car seats y'all know how BLESSED it is to have sliding doors in parking lots….
I was just busting on you. 😁

I ranch in brush country and farm on open country. The truck gun has been through many evolution. Now it's a Daniel Defense 14.5" ar with a yhm can under a night force 1-8 in a LaRue qd mount that gets swapped to a pulsar thermal at night. 77gr bthp bullets in lancer mags. Mainly kills hogs, works on everything so far.

Truck Gun - Remington 783 in .308 (I know....but it actually shoots!) - Pictured in avatar.

Jeep Gun - .277 Wolverine build on Anderson lower with Rise drop in 2.5lb trigger running 90gr gold dots

Attachments

• 12-23-21 IMG_5418.jpg
    12-23-21 IMG_5418.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
The van conversation is kind of funny I wanted to buy a Toyota Sienna and my wife flat out refused. But we still drive most is the little roller skate toyota bubble car. It carries a ruger pc carbine and some pistol or another. Summer time the helm chair has at least one takedown and the bunk/bench is a veritable arsenal. 19 was probably our most absurd year since 13, we put so much ammo in the bunk bench one if my guys wondered allowed if it was gonna change stability.

I don't work like a rancher or forester so my "truck gun" is usually whatever I'm hunting plus some kind of pistol that always resides in my med pack.