Elk Hunting Bullets

With a 300 Win Mag, -- could I get some good feedback on the Berger 215 grain open tip match bullets performance and expansion when shooting between zero and 600 yard shots ? thanks very much...
I would use the Berger Hunting line as I have had nothing but success with them. I have never had an elk go more than 10 yards when shot with a Berger bullet.

Years ago.... before Berger and others started making special bullets for hunting nosler had about the only purpose built bullett.I shot an adult elk at 30 yds.... 1 shot it went 20 yds.heart shot.300 wm.with 180 Berger ballistic tip.hand loaded....Took a good 5x5 running with same bullet at 120 yds.went down with first shot kept trying to get up....1 more in chest...1 more in neck.... same bullet.... handloaded... all DIY....
More elk have been killed with cheap Remington/Winchester/Hornady bullets and factory loaded ammo..than these special 75$ per box bullets.
No I,m not into "reverse stalking"....
Actual facts not opinion....
Let the sparks fly....
bill larson

I was using in my 308NM w/165 Accubond @ 3300fps. From 50yds to 400yds for elk. All except for one, they went down with one shot. The one that didn't I got back a little far, and got behind the lungs, but before the guts. I hadn't taken in there speed at walking. Second shot did the job.

My choice after years of experimenting with my .300WM is the 165 grain NAB. I've killed elk from 42 yards to 617. All but one tough old cow with a single shot.

Have shot many elk over the years with Partitions, Accubonds, Barnes X, SGKs, NBTs, but I switched to Berger 215s several years ago, and would never go back to the others. As @FEENIX said, there are many of us that will take them off your hands if you decide to go a different direction. my .02

215s are good to go. No need to shoot the shoulder at any distance. My buddy literally killed a cow after the bullet went thru the bull at ~150.
I just bought some 208 bergers because they are available and probably not a bit of difference in performance. My avatar bull died where he stood from a lung shot with a 215 @208 yards.

Same topic ( sortof ) but I am curious about the 180 gr Hornady SST bullets. I am wanting to start reloading for my Tikka 300 win mag and found some on a shelf this week. I didn't buy them and will probably regret it but I wasn't sure if they were good for Elk hunting. 300 to 500 yrds is about all I'd bee looking at for ranges. Thanks for any feedback
Better go back and get em

For 20 years I've been hunting big US game with a 700 Rem actioned 300 WM using 200-215gn bullets. I love the AB's, and their price is very reasonable! This year I'm trying the 166gn Hammers, and so far I love 'em!!!

For 20 years I've been hunting big US game with a 700 Rem actioned 300 WM using 200-215gn bullets. I love the AB's, and their price is very reasonable! This year I'm trying the 166gn Hammers, and so far I love 'em!!!
Same bullet I was thinking of trying in my 300 win. Have you used the 166 hammers on game?

Same topic ( sortof ) but I am curious about the 180 gr Hornady SST bullets. I am wanting to start reloading for my Tikka 300 win mag and found some on a shelf this week. I didn't buy them and will probably regret it but I wasn't sure if they were good for Elk hunting. 300 to 500 yrds is about all I'd bee looking at for ranges. Thanks for any feedback
I Load the 165 gr sst in 300 win mag for my son. 3 years ago he shot a cow elk at 364 yards double lung. Exit hole was about 2 inches, she went 40 yards. I've been very happy with sst's for inside 500 yards