Is your favorite rifle custom made or factory made ? I have a close tie

dgr416

My favorite two rifles are factory guns one a seco made Weatherby accumark in 338-378 Weatherby. THAT rifle was made for weathetby from a defence contractor super accurate with all bullets except Hornady. I ALSO have my old ruger 77 in 338 win mag that shoots cloverleaf with most ammo but it hates Hornady bullets too .

My favorites to collect will forever be mark v's (specifically southpaw versions for me but collect both R and L hand for me and the boys). While I have almost all calibers from 224-378 my forever favorite is the 257. Ruger 1's will be my closest in line for runner up.

Model 70 featherweight was a close runner up till i realized how much i love the single shots - especially in 257 wby! :)

My Waffen-Krausser - Munchen is my favorite is two rifles is on one butt stock. The 16ga over 7.65R is great for stalking about anything. The double rifle barrel at 9,3x74R is good for larger game. I am just learning to shoot it.

Attachments

• 17737914_3.jpg
    17737914_3.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 42
All factory.
1959 WBY MK V Deluxe, shoots under 1/2" 300WBY
1990's Winchester M70 Classic Stainless 30.06
2005 WBY MV Accumark 300WBY
2012 WBY MKV Accumark 338 LM

Funny thing about H ammo. One year at camp, two friends of mine showed up with their Accumarks and H ammo. The would not group at all. Tried in 3 rifles, no luck. I gave them some of mine to hunt. Used their's for the brass, just for practice.

I have both factory and customs that shoot well.When it really comes down to a choice between the two sometimes,it's the stock that's on the rifle.The stock can sometimes make a difference in how well the gun shoots and how well the stock fits the shooter can also make a difference in how well the shooter can shoot the gun.

My favorite rifle is my pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight in 30-06. I haven't shot it in many years but it is a dream to put to your shoulder and lives up to its name when I carry it in the field. The stock developed a crack that ran from the front lug all the way back to the tang of the action. I gave to a local gunsmith, Duncans Gun Works, San Marcos, CA. They took it apart, filled the crack with bedding material, bedded the whole stock and then put two cross bolts in the stock. After that work it looked like a safari grade Model 70 and became a one hole wonder off the bench. To this day I have a soft spot for pre-64 Model 70's.