Does the Creedmoor really need more??? I don't think so!

It was difficult to get the bullet to stay seated. It would creep back up beyond the last PDR and not seat which resulted in a different seating depth. Is there a trick? Increase neck tension?
That just too much compression when it pushes back, faster powder is the answer, but FWIW every thing I load is compressed

Steve, excuse me if I am a little skeptical your 85 gr bullet. First problem I see is a spin of 1-7 to 1-8 twist with a .264 dia at 3200fps 85 gr. bullet. A 1-10 twist would be ideal but your not going to find one in the creed. I Understand you can get by with it using mono bullets, just not ideal. What is your Accuracy????? If your shooting a 85 gr in a 6.5 with full bullet shank tension I would guess you have .250 jump in those long throated cambers. If your shooting 2 1/2 MOA at 100 yards you do not have 500 yard ammo no matter what the numbers say at 500 yards. Appreciate any feed back on bullet jump and accuracy.

Steve, excuse me if I am a little skeptical your 85 gr bullet. First problem I see is a spin of 1-7 to 1-8 twist with a .264 dia at 3200fps 85 gr. bullet. A 1-10 twist would be ideal but your not going to find one in the creed. I Understand you can get by with it using mono bullets, just not ideal. What is your Accuracy????? If your shooting a 85 gr in a 6.5 with full bullet shank tension I would guess you have .250 jump in those long throated cambers. If your shooting 2 1/2 MOA at 100 yards you do not have 500 yard ammo no matter what the numbers say at 500 yards. Appreciate any feed back on bullet jump and accuracy.
Here's accuracy from a 1/7 twist 6 mm Creedmoor. 88 GR HH, 3345 FPS. First low shot was fouling shot, then 3 to follow.

Attachments

• A8333EC9-4A36-427E-A525-BFB4B13ADE33.jpeg
    A8333EC9-4A36-427E-A525-BFB4B13ADE33.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
First problem I see is a spin of 1-7 to 1-8 twist A 1-10 twist would be ideal
a faster twist does not affect the monos like a lead bullet and aids in bullets performance once it hits meat, keeps it going straight.
I would guess you have .250 jump in those long throated cambers.
Hammers ogive makes them ~ insensitive to seating depth
If your shooting 2 1/2 MOA at 100 yards
Where did you get 2.5 MOA ?? He said 5/8" at 200 yards which is ~.625 MOA making it about 3" at 500 yards

a faster twist does not affect the monos like a lead bullet and aids in bullets performance once it hits meat, keeps it going straight.

Where did you get 2.5 MOA ?? He said 5/8" at 200 yards which is ~.625 MOA making it about 3" at 500 yards

A bullet immune from seating depth and twist rate - WOW. I knew steve was on the ball ...

Here's accuracy from a 1/7 twist 6 mm Creedmoor. 88 GR HH, 3345 FPS. First low shot was fouling shot, then 3 to follow.
I agree that you have a good looking accurate load but ur not comparing apples to apples. A 88 gr. in a 6 mm is not even close to 85 gr. in a 6.5mm in Sectional Density. What gr. in 6.5 is comparable SD to a 88 gr. 6 mm.

A bullet immune from seating depth and twist rate - WOW. I knew steve was on the ball ...
I wouldn't call them immune to seating depth but I will say they are more tolerant than any bullet I have shot. We have yet to see too much twist be detrimental to accuracy. As always if someone can't get our bullets to shoot to their expectations we will replace them or refund the purchase. Does us no good to sell someone bullets they can't use.

I can't speak to this one yet, but a 124 Hammer Hunter, at 3960 fps, 1-6" twist is perfectly happy anyway you measure a hunting load.

Other cartridges are driving light weights 4000 plus, with the same twist balance, and providing terminal performance at tremendous levels.

We've known high velocity is a killer, we've been challenged to find a bullet that performs consistently at these levels. We now have a bullet that no upper limit has been observed, and low velocity performance to 1800 fps is the norm.

Material makes a huge difference also.

I've been a die hard big bore, bullet guy for decades, I have to say these bullets across the board have been a game changer for me. I'm working on my second build around them.

Service up front, and after. Guaranteed! What have you got to lose?

I wouldn't call them immune to seating depth but I will say they are more tolerant than any bullet I have shot. We have yet to see too much twist be detrimental to accuracy. As always if someone can't get our bullets to shoot to their expectations we will replace them or refund the purchase. Does us no good to sell someone bullets they can't use.
Always appreciate your comments Steve and hope to see more data and field results from your new bullet.

We have an 8" twist 30-06 ai that we run the 124g Hammer Hunter in at 3500 fps. The 124g is a min twist of 13" so pretty similar. I would have to run the stability numbers but I am pretty sure it being spun harder than the 85g HH would be from an 8" twist Creed.