Does the Creedmoor really need more??? I don't think so!

I can't speak to this one yet, but a 124 Hammer Hunter, at 3960 fps, 1-6" twist is perfectly happy anyway you measure a hunting load.

Other cartridges are driving light weights 4000 plus, with the same twist balance, and providing terminal performance at tremendous levels.

We've known high velocity is a killer, we've been challenged to find a bullet that performs consistently at these levels. We now have a bullet that no upper limit has been observed, and low velocity performance to 1800 fps is the norm.

Material makes a huge difference also.

I've been a die hard big bore, bullet guy for decades, I have to say these bullets across the board have been a game changer for me. I'm working on my second build around them.

Service up front, and after. Guaranteed! What have you got to lose?
Kudos to Roy Weatherby!

I just got an 18" 6 TCU barrel for my contender. I also have a 6.5 TCU barrel in 14". Would they be effective with the HH or AH light bullets on deer and antelope sized game? Maybe hogs? They are super accurate.

I just purchased these 85s to try. Have a pronghorn hunt this year and trying a few bullet/load combinations. I expect to shoot out to mid-range - 500 - 600yds. I already have the 124 Hammer's shooting very well, but always looking for another challenge. Tough tho with dwindling primer stash.

Steve, you have a load recommendation with H4350 Staball 6.5, or some other powder? A starting point would be good.

I think alot of guys take my coments on this caliber wrong . I dont despise 6.5s i just dont find them a viable long range Hunting rifle. I understand they can be spectacular paper punches out to 1000yrds but put a mose or elk out there and i wouldn't trusk them to have take down power. Load them as hot as you want they canot retain that hitting power out to much range
According to the Colorado hunting book the most common caliber rifle used to kill elk is a 6.5 cal. I've taken elk around 900 yards with my 260 Rem loaded with 140 grain Berger's. I've seen people surpass the 1000 yards on elk with a 260 Rem. We not going hungry.

I just purchased these 85s to try. Have a pronghorn hunt this year and trying a few bullet/load combinations. I expect to shoot out to mid-range - 500 - 600yds. I already have the 124 Hammer's shooting very well, but always looking for another challenge. Tough tho with dwindling primer stash.

Steve, you have a load recommendation with H4350 Staball 6.5, or some other powder? A starting point would be good.
What's your twist rate in your barrel? Need to find out first if you have the proper twist rate to stabilize that light of a bullet.

Yeah that's pretty fast twist for 85 grains. It will shoot them but you will probably hold about a 1" group at 100 yards. You can probably get around 3300-3400 FPS out of them but do to the twist rate the bullet will bounce in the barrel and loose accuracy. That's the best way I can explain it. You will have to load it on the light side and give the barrel a chance to stabilize the bullet. What bullet brand is the 85 grains.

Yeah that's pretty fast twist for 85 grains. It will shoot them but you will probably hold about a 1" group at 100 yards. You can probably get around 3300-3400 FPS out of them but do to the twist rate the bullet will bounce in the barrel and loose accuracy. That's the best way I can explain it. You will have to load it on the light side and give the barrel a chance to stabilize the bullet. What bullet brand is the 85 grains.
This thread is all about Hammer's new 85 grain. So it is a Hammer Hunter. I will see how they do. You can find them on the website with specs. Every Hammer I've tried so far in various guns/calibers are shooting sub 1 moa at 100 yrds when I get them dialed in.

We just finished developing this one. With this guy being able to run in the 3450 fps world out of a Creed, at 2000 ft elev it is a 400y point blank range combo! Still running at 2077 fps at 500y. No recoil and legit 500y capability. This one should be fun! We will have @ButterBean running a 6.5 Creed yet!
That's blasphemy Steve, Bean will never jump on the Creed bandwagon

Recent Posts