Does the Creedmoor really need more??? I don't think so!

Generally speaking, the range I can point and shoot and hit the bullseye with relative consistent expectancy without any adjustments to my weapon.
Max point blank range is the the range that you can stay within a specified target size without adjusting the aim point. For hunting I use a 5" radius. This covers a deer size vital. So based on the ballistics of a rifles load you can set the scope to the max point blank zero. (I will use generic numbers for this example.) A rifle running 3500 fps would be sobering like zero at 375y and be able to stay in the 5" radius to the Max range of 430y. So at 430y you would be hitting at the bottom of the 5" radius and at 220y you would be hitting the top of the 5" radius.

So carrying a rifle set up this way you can simply range your target and if it is less than 430y (in this scenario) and aim center mass with no calculations. If longer than the max range then you can make calculations for drop. Makes you very lethal. Fast guns are very cool.

JBM ballistics is a great resource to use to set your rifle this way.

Max point blank range is the the range that you can stay within a specified target size without adjusting the aim point. For hunting I use a 5" radius. This covers a deer size vital. So based on the ballistics of a rifles load you can set the scope to the max point blank zero. (I will use generic numbers for this example.) A rifle running 3500 fps would be sobering like zero at 375y and be able to stay in the 5" radius to the Max range of 430y. So at 430y you would be hitting at the bottom of the 5" radius and at 220y you would be hitting the top of the 5" radius.

So carrying a rifle set up this way you can simply range your target and if it is less than 430y (in this scenario) and aim center mass with no calculations. If longer than the max range then you can make calculations for drop. Makes you very lethal. Fast guns are very cool.

We're on the same page.

Steve,
This is exactly why I set up my 6.5-284 Norma with the 109 AH at 3511 fps. It's hold of fur to 430 yards. Learned this lesson last year when antelope hunting in CO. The pronghorn were so nervous even when they were 800-1000 yards out. Had no time to dial. I won't go through that issue again this season.