I don't think my chronograph is wrong

Iron Worker

26" 9"twist Brux bbl in 7mm WSM 69grs of Re#19 produces 3450 with 139gr Hornady SST 69.5grs of H1000 pushes a 162gr A-max 3175 FPS 68.5grs of Re#19 pushes a 120gr Nosler BT at nearly 3500 FPS. When I shoot a 22 rimfire through Chronograph if gives correct velocity . How is it this bbl can produce these high velocities ?

I don't think that is so odd. I have a 7WSM with a 9 twist 27" Mcgowen barrel and am getting 3100 fps out of 180 Berger VLD's with 64 grains of IMR 7828ssc. I thought my chrono was wrong when developing loads but it's been confirmed with trajectory for several years. I have about 1200 rounds through it and at around 1000 accuracy started to drop a little so I chased the lands and she's back in the money. I doubt it's got more than a few hundred rounds left but it's been a freak of a barrel with wicked speed and great accuracy. I've never tried any other bullets so I wouldn't know what it would produce but your velocities look good to me!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.