Custom 6.5 prc

Hornady designed the Creedmore ~ Hornady went back to the drawing board to fix the Creedmore flaws...
The 6.5 PRC shoots farther, flatter, and hits harder And it doesn't burn out the barrel as bad as the Creedmore.
What in the wide world of sports??? Please explain the basis of your claim about barrel life.

Just picked up my new 6.5PRC built by Mile High Shooting Accessories. Couldn't be happier as the rifle came out better than I had hoped for. I'll be putting a Vortex AMG with NF Ultralight Rings.

Action - Defiance Deviant GA Hunter
Barrel - Lilja #4 1 in 8, spiral flute
Stock - Manner EH1
Trigger - Timney CE 2 stage
Bottom Metal - Hawkins
Break - Thunder Beast
Can - TB Ultra 9
Bipod - Atlas

View attachment 122485 View attachment 122486
Hrnhntr I like your style.......
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG

I am very interested in the results you get.

I am in the process of building a PRC on a Mod 70 with a Bartlein Barrel. Just waiting for the reamer to get here.

I have not been excited about a new round for a long long time. This one just seems to fill the gap for me.

Keep us in the loop on performance.

Randy

can I do 'show-and-tell', too? can I, huh, can I?.....

Bighorn SR3/Wyatt's box
22" proof sendero light
LRHSi/arc M-10's
TT Diamond
Manners EH6A/bdl mini-chassis
Sico Harvester
Harris 'pod

Said it before, but it's worth saying again...that's a bada$$ build huntsman.

First 15 out of the riffle, started with the factory ELD-X to break-in and zero. Then followed up with 5 Copper Creek ELD-X followed by 5 Copper Creek 140 Hybrids. I'm not sure what happened with the 140hybrids but they opened up and were all over the place.
ELD-X Factory.JPG
CC ELD-X.JPG
CC 140Hyb.JPG

looks like you're leaving some ring spacing on the table, up front......

personally, I'd move the level to the front of the rear ring and set it back, too. less likely to bump when changing power...

looks like you're leaving some ring spacing on the table, up front......

personally, I'd move the level to the front of the rear ring and set it back, too. less likely to bump when changing power...

Ha, was rushing through it and didn't even notice that...good catch!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.