Bullets With Grooves

BillLarson

Bullets made with grooves have a long history...
Many opinions.
Take your pick.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220722-163053_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-163053_Google.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 755
  • Screenshot_20220722-163144_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-163144_Google.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_20220722-162652_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220722-162652_Chrome.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 294
Never heard of the Nielsen before, anyone knows more about them
Oops, they are made across the pond, in Denmark

Last edited:
Bullets made with grooves have a long history...
Many opinions.
Take your pick.
It was simply amazing when we wrote our patent and had to dig through prior art. Much of the patents were written 150 years ago. The things that were thought of and patented was unbelievable. You have to find as much art from other patents that is as close to your submitted design as possible. We were certainly not the first drive band design, we were the first drive band design based on a radius.

Funny, in your attachments is one from Berger. That was an April fool's joke by Litz.

GS was our favorite bullet we used prior to making ours. Their drive band design was inspirational to our design. We took it to the next level with the radius design of Hammer Bullets drive bands. Our patented radius design minimizing even more material that makes contact in the bore on the outside diameter of the bullet, takes the control of pressure and consistent accuracy to the next level.

The link you provided to the GS description/comparison between grooved and drive bands is very good. They definitely are not the same thing. The shared goal of pressure reduction in both designs is similar. How effective they are is what makes most drive band designs better than grooved designs.

Always educational
Thank you for the links
Their website is so informative. Not really looking to try, but I am impressed of what I saw
I recently heard GS Custom has gone out of business, or is going out of business. I do not know if it's true though. I hope not. Obviously their website is still up lol

I recently heard GS Custom has gone out of business, or is going out of business. I do not know if it's true though. I hope not. Obviously their website is still up lol
The link in the accurateshooter article for the us dealer send you to the wrong place. If you start with the South African page, you can get everywhere. I hope they stay in business.

Last edited:

Recent Posts