hunting with Berger bullets

Recoil management. Like we said back in the iron sight days when you see the aperture come straight at you on recoil, that should be a center barring any wind change during shot execution. The reason I still use sling in prone or sitting position in hunting. I practice a bit kneeling, as that's more useable in most field shot opportunity
I'll work on it under your advisement. Another tool for the toolbox. We'll see if you can teach an old dog new tricks ;)

I'll work on it under your advisement. Another tool for the toolbox. We'll see if you can teach an old dog new tricks ;)

Awesome.

Stock fit, kength, comb, and proper eye relief enable quicker position and target acquisition. I had my hunting rifle stocks LOP cut to my preferred length for minimal time to ready to shoot. System must fit you for comb as well even if you have to duck tape styroform to it.

Back when we taught the SDM classes, the AMU guys empathized... put that 8 pound ball you carry around between your shoulders to good use, rest in it on the stock..add weight to the rifle... thus, proper comb height and eye relief is paramount. Placing face on comb should be effortless. , just shoulder rifle drop head on stock, no hunting for proper position.

Awesome.

Stock fit, kength, comb, and proper eye relief enable quicker position and target acquisition. I had my hunting rifle stocks LOP cut to my preferred length for minimal time to ready to shoot. System must fit you for comb as well even if you have to duck tape styroform to it.

Back when we taught the SDM classes, the AMU guys empathized... put that 8 pound ball you carry around between your shoulders to good use, rest in it on the stock..add weight to the rifle... thus, proper comb height and eye relief is paramount. Placing face on comb should be effortless. , just shoulder rifle drop head on stock, no hunting for proper position.
That's how I set up my rifle to the best of my ability. Had the stock cut to fit with hunting clothes on. Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on McMillan stock for FWT Model 70 30-06. 2.5-8X Leupold VariXIII mildot reticle ala Chuck Mawhinney's article in an old magazine ( I think Precision Shooter). Attached is the "Keeper's Keeper" I found on a 1" military high powder type sling. I still use it today.

Attachments

• 20220722_111044[1].jpg
    20220722_111044[1].jpg
    873.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220722_111112[1].jpg
    20220722_111112[1].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
That's how I set up my rifle to the best of my ability. Had the stock cut to fit with hunting clothes on. Sims Limbsaver recoil pad on McMillan stock for FWT Model 70 30-06. 2.5-8X Leupold VariXIII mildot reticle ala Chuck Mawhinney's article in an old magazine ( I think Precision Shooter). Attached is the "Keeper's Keeper" I found on a 1" military high powder type sling. I still use it today.

Good to go