Anyone shooting Browning fast twist 270?

interested in a new rifle for elk and I used to shoot a 270 win but sold it because I didn't like the particular rifle I had. I saw brownings fast twist 270s and thought it would be a nice option since I still have reloading tools for it. What kind of performance is anyone getting with these rifles? I don't need anything bigger for my normal Wisconsin game
The 270 Browning western Hunter I have for sale on here has the 7.5 "fast" twist barrel. I suggest you look at the Hammer Bullet site. With the 7.5 twin you could load up to 162 grain hammer bullets!! I have been loading some absolute hammers in my 243 win 7.5 twist and some hammer hunters in my buddies Browning 10 twist 270 as well . Check out the absolute hunters for the fast twist 270 they literally take it to another level they make serious velocities!!!!! 139 grain absolute at around 3200 fps and 116 absolute at around 3500 fps.!!!! Members have developed a hammer load data page or pages and it's posted on here check it out it's very informative . Happy hunting

Last edited:
For myself, I would like to see a fast twist 270 WSM….
I have a 270 WSM and a 6.8 Western both with a 7 1/2 twist heavy barrels. I can get them to shoot identical, except the 270 WSM takes 12% more powder(H4831sc). Others have found the same. The 6.8 Western is a more efficient cartridge.

The 270 Winchester is a smaller cartridge by volume than both the 6.8 Western and 270 WSM. I do know H4831sc will not work in a 270 with a 165 Nosler ABLR. Maybe H4350 will. If I were to rebarrel my 270 it would be with a 7 1/2 twist barrel. And would push the bullet out a little further in the chamber.

The 270 Browning western Hunter I have for sale on here has the 7.5 "fast" twist barrel. I suggest you look at the Hammer Bullet site. I have been loading some absolute hammers in my 243 win and some hammer hunters in my buddies Browning 10 twist 270 as well . Check out the absolute hunters for the fast twist 270 they literally take it to another level they make serious velocities!!!!! 139 grain absolute at around 3200 fps and 116 absolute at around 3500 fps.!!!! Members have developed a hammer load data page or pages and it's posted on here check it out it's very informative . Happy hunting
I saw your 270 in the classifieds and was going to reply to it but I have restricted privileges yet and am not allowed to post there for a while unless I pay to upgrade. It looks very nice though. Maybe it will still be around when I gain access to posting in the classifieds

I have a 270 WSM and a 6.8 Western both with a 7 1/2 twist heavy barrels. I can get them to shoot identical, except the 270 WSM takes 12% more powder(H4831sc). Others have found the same. The 6.8 Western is a more efficient cartridge.

The 270 Winchester is a smaller cartridge by volume than both the 6.8 Western and 270 WSM. I do know H4831sc will not work in a 270 with a 165 Nosler ABLR. Maybe H4350 will. If I were to rebarrel my 270 it would be with a 7 1/2 twist barrel. And would push the bullet out a little further in the chamber.
Yea the 270 win is a little restricted to its case capacity with the heavies but still looks like it isn't lagging to much behind for an old cartridge. Can't wait to see what I can do loading for it when I find a rifle or build one. Was looking at trying imr 4831 or staball 6.5 behind Barnes 155lrx since those are available to me in my area

Yea the 270 win is a little restricted to its case capacity with the heavies but still looks like it isn't lagging to much behind for an old cartridge. Can't wait to see what I can do loading for it when I find a rifle or build one. Was looking at trying imr 4831 or staball 6.5 behind Barnes 155lrx since those are available to me in my area
I'm not sure but I think it's 10 comments/posts you have to make to get private message privileges on here . Keep at it you'll make it Tribb

In the faqs under guns for sale state must be a member for 30 days and 25+ posts to participate. I have a while to read posts and make comments before then. That seems like a long time am I missing something

In the faqs under guns for sale state must be a member for 30 days and 25+ posts to participate. I have a while to read posts and make comments before then. That seems like a long time am I missing something
No, that's correct.
It was recently changed in order to try and slow down any scammers in the Classifieds.

I built one on a Mauser 98 action, Hart heavy barrel, 8 twist . Fajen Varminter stock !! Shoots 150 ABLR's very well at 300 yards. In the spring Ill try the Berger 170's. If Anybody loading for a 170 grn, in the.270 Win would care to share their load data, I would really appreciate that !!!