Fast rate of twist?

Weaver93, the moly and Danzac lowers engraving pressure on the bullet tremendously. The burning chamber is greatly increased and spread over a longer length in the barrel. Norma has a tremendous amount of research on their line of Moly coated bullets. Since the burning chamber is extended, the intense heat/pressure is spread over a longer area, and barrel life is increased, Norma documented this issue. Merrill Martin did extensive research on this issue, but it has been abandoned even though the SDs go way down below 10 fps. Moly is a weird, Danzac is the way to go.

I wax coat my bullets with Lee sizing Wax in the toothpaste type of container, SDs are very low, but you have to add a touch more powder to get up to the tune where the barrel liked to resonate. Copper fouling is much less with waxed bullets if you have a rough barrel, and shooting strings can be extended. Research proved that the Wax alone did as much in reducing SDs and fouling, compared to the Moly and carnauba wax. The problem with the Carnauba wax was that it had an abrasive in it, unlike the Lee Sizing wax. Guys that shoot Savage barrels or less-than-perfect barrels can really benefit from coating their bullets with wax.

New ideas are hard to get people to accept. We used to shot many thousands of p. dogs each year, not including the ground squirrels in the early Spring, and back to jack Rabbits where we shot 3000 in two weeks with centerfires.

I can tell ya this….
My son hunts deer with a .243 win he shoots barnes 80 grain ttsxs at 3290 fps his barrel twist is a factory 1 91/8" rem.
He kills deer dead but my wife's gun which is a 6x45 shooting 2700 fps shoots same exact bullet but with an 8" twist.
I can tell you for a fact my wife's rifle does way more damage to the deer than my sons at close range (150 yds and under. )