Fast Twist Barrels

I have a 8twist Brux I am willing to part with. Full length tube, 3 groove, cut rifling.
Hammer bullets dont blood shot meat I shot a doe this last season wirh a 6.5prc using 124 gr Hammer hunters 3300 fps 225 yds might have trimed less than 8 ounces of meat away from exit absolutely better thany other bullets I've ever used thats including cup and core partitions barnes etc .if you haven't tried them all I can say your missing out wish I was the one that came up with Hammer bullet

Wood be same the same results
You are trying to tell me that at very high velocities and at close range the bullet isn't effected. I would find that very hard to believe.
If you have time read up on the design of the hammer bullets I'll try to explain in short order if you are familiar with the Barnes it performs a little diff the front section petals break off after they penetrate with the bullet the shank pushes on through they perform at a wider range of impact velocities and are made of a different copper allow the way I understand they have less pdr and are not finiky to work loads for believe what you want but no one here is streatching the truth they the Hammer bullets are a gret bullet for accurracy and terminal performance

You are trying to tell me that at very high velocities and at close range the bullet isn't effected. I would find that very hard to believe.
That's exactly what I'm telling you, it has been toughly tested and I assure you that that it makes no difference how close or how far they do the same thing every time, The Hammers are a game changer

Well when I get my 6mm/280AI up and shoot, I will see how they do. Presently I have 100gr Hammer in stock. I like how bullets are built. I've seem one hell of a lot of bullets that have gone through animals and what they do. So school is still out for me.

Well when I get my 6mm/280AI up and shoot, I will see how they do. Presently I have 100gr Hammer in stock. I like how bullets are built. I've seem one hell of a lot of bullets that have gone through animals and what they do. So school is still out for me.
I've seen a bunch myself and as I said it has been tested on just about anything you can imagine It's a game changer, It's a totally unconventional bullet and some folks will never figure that out and stay stuck in the "conventional box" the folks that have caught on are enjoying the heck out of it, knowing that a bullet is going to perform the same no matter how close, how far or no matter where or what it hits was unimaginable but not anymore

Last edited:
All my other rifles are slower twist barrels, so the all copper bullets I can't get up to twist speed as recommend by bullet manufactures. My present hunting rifles are good to 500yds easy. I am going extend my range out 700+ yards or so, with above 6mm, and that's for varmints, deer, and antelope. Or that's what I am hoping for. So I will see how it does.

All my other rifles are slower twist barrels, so the all copper bullets I can't get up to twist speed as recommend by bullet manufactures. My present hunting rifles are good to 500yds easy. I am going extend my range out 700+ yards or so, with above 6mm, and that's for varmints, deer, and antelope. Or that's what I am hoping for. So I will see how it does.
What combos are you shooting now ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.