Shooting Fast @ 1000 Yards

I see that the Yankees of Pennsylvania still do one thing that they've always done. CHEAP TALK , and more cheap talk.

Never did see a Yankee post his alleged shots , however I alaways get mean spiritied responses from Yankkes who can't shoot , just talk.

Again , My proof is on video not behind some blind website post.

DID ya ever notice that when a Yankee retires they all huddle down to Florida and talk crap !

Wow....

Now I remember why I rarely post on this forum. That reply was so stupid and immature that I know for a fact I am officially a little dumber after having read it.

I see that the Yankees of Pennsylvania still do one thing that they've always done. CHEAP TALK , and more cheap talk.

Never did see a Yankee post his alleged shots , however I alaways get mean spiritied responses from Yankkes who can't shoot , just talk.

Again , My proof is on video not behind some blind website post.

DID ya ever notice that when a Yankee retires they all huddle down to Florida and talk crap !

yep i have noticed that. except when im down here i lie about fishing not hunting.

Why dont you just show up at the super shoot in williamsport this year and take
home some of those big prizes with your was it a 7/08?

Matt,

You sure cause trouble a lot these days lol.

To add something for the op... lighting also changes. For testing the equipments ability to group you should. Shoot fast and smooth. With your eyes open in, to the best you can see, the same conditions. If it's a sportier weight barrel, you might just do 3 shot groups unless you're comfortable you will be on paper without sighters.

Tom

I'm replying to the OP post:

I'm not as accomplished as some of the guys that have already replied, but think that the range your shooting at makes a big difference in how your gonna attack the wind. I went to Williamsport set up for my usual slow and accurate mindset to shooting LR. Well my range had winds that seem much more constant and more forgiving then Williamsport by far. I think some ranges are ideal for slow fire and maybe produce better results that way, on the other hand if you show up to Williiamsport with this mindset you better be great at reading the wind.

Ray

Thanks for all the posts.

Mr. Kline, congrats on the record! Very awesome to say the least! Plus your from PA!!

As far a shooting slow or fast, I prefer to shoot slow. I can't say my groups suffered either way! My best group to date is just under 5" and I shot slow! If I was a competive shooter, I may think otherwise.

Thank you for your responses. My goal is to see how my rifle and load perform at that distance.
Shooting fast is awfully hard on barrels.

If anything I recommend no more that three shots in under one minute as that will replicate field shooting.

Only in the rarest of instances will you ever need more than your first shot and two quick follow ups because the chance of your game still being visible and/or in range beyond those three shots is nil in most situations.

The worst thing about having a truly great shooting rifle is that it makes you want to shoot it too much which is awfully hard on equipment when you are shooting high velocity/hight pressure loads.

Wow....

Now I remember why I rarely post on this forum. That reply was so stupid and immature that I know for a fact I am officially a little dumber after having read it.

Don't let this guys ignorance influence your opinion of this site. Comments like his are very rare. The vast majority of the posters are civil, good guys, and here to learn or contribute.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.