Another 6.5 bullet poll

Elk hunting with 6.5 prc out to 700 yards. Let’s here it.

• Total voters
Any of the three will work. I'd like to see some terminal reports on the Berger classic hunters since I've seen/know why the others do.

Regular Nosler AccuBond HAS,.. good Penetration,.. but, a smallish, mushroom.
The Internally "explosive", Berger Classic Hunter's for,.. DRT !
I used BOTH Bullets on Elk, in my 270 WSM ( 270 WSM is close to the 6.5 PRC,.. in cartridge size and Velocity, w/ 140's )
The 140 gr. AccuBond at, 3,145 FPS was, a bit of, a slow killer, as, the Elk I shot, walked around, for a several Seconds, then, collapsed.
My 140 gr. Berger Classic Hunter at, 3,173 FPS,.. KaPow,.. Hooves, in Air !
Interior Organs, were "Mush" with, Small Exit hole by Base of Bullet, thru far side, Hide ( found it stuck, in Hair ) with, NO excessive, "Blood shot" Meat !
ALL of, the so called, "Nasty Fragments" were expended,.. IN the Organs and, did not stop, in the Meat !

Last edited:
Out of those the 143 eldx is the "safer" bullet. Accubonds can be finicky specially at range. I've killed a pile of stuff with bergers, but they usually come apart and rarely exit. For long shots it really comes down to a bullet with consistent BCs that will still expand and lower velocities and the best bet is the eldx and following that is the Berger.

Of the ones listed, I'd go with the accubond. Of all 6.5s, copper solids are nice if you can push them fast enough. Dropped a nice bull at 225 or so yards with a 120 GMX at 3,200 FPS.