7mm STW Reloading Thread

So I went and shot the other day and the loads show some pretty good potential. On the 74 grains of Retumbo it shot probably a .45-.50 group. Pretty good for the crappy rest I had.

So I decided to load up from 74 to 78 and shoot some more. After I get that figured out, I'll play with the seating depth

I agree for the most part. But it's a brand new gun and I want to play around with it. I'll be looking for a balance of accuracy and speed with accuracy being the critical part. I still haven't shot it on the chronograph yet.

Looking for some guidance...
I'm loading 7mm stw (rem 700) and was planning on using the new hornady eldx 162 gr with imr 7977. I was planning on using amax data as a staring point but haven't found any info with the new 7977 powder. Anybody have any advice/tips?

Yes I just bought a 6.5 - 7MM STW and I am looking for load data for 130 grn and 140 grn bullets.If you can help I would really appreciate some help thanks.

The stw case and the 26 Nosler case are separated by one grain. I would THINK you should be Abe to start on the low end of 26 Nosler data and work your way up. Retumbo is really good in the stw and 26

The stw case and the 26 Nosler case are separated by one grain. I would THINK you should be Abe to start on the low end of 26 Nosler data and work your way up. Retumbo is really good in the stw and 26

Please keep this thread about the 7STW. If you want info on the 6.5 version you can always start a thread on the 6.5STW.

Recent Posts