7MM STW?

A few years ago, I acquired an allegedly NIB Remington 700 in 300 H&H simply for the "romantic interest" in the cartridge. The rifle shot very poorly, say 1-2 MOA at 100 yards. Having had excellent results with rifles accurized by Hill Country Rifles, New Braunfels, Texas, I spoke with Justin and we had a "what if phone call". Ultimately, he and his crew transformed the 300 H&H into a 7 STW, new stock, muzzle brake, etc, etc. I was rewarded with a heck of a rifle! 0.3 MOA at 100 yards with factory Nosler cartridges. BTW, the recoil is almost negligible! This year, I had the good fortune to obtain Colorado land owner tags and harvested both a buck and a cow elk. The buck was at approximately 175 yards, the cow at about 100 yards. Both dropped immediately.
Pick the 0.284/7mm cartridge you prefer. 7 STW has been available over the counter at Cabelas in the past. I had the foresight to stock up before ammo became a problem. It sure seems to be a fabulous cartridge.

If it's working for you stick with it, I don't know all that much about an STW other than what I've read on the internet
yup... same here... It's not like I'm on my 3rd barrel or anything... I use proper fl dies and always will on a bigger chambering that I will hunt. It's going in and it's coming out. It still shoots dang well with fl dies; no reason to complicate things with neck sizing or using dies for a different cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.