7mm prc

Well its a .284 bullet against a .264. So its hard to say is it better cause its in a different class. The question is if its worth doing instead of just a general 7mm. Which I don't see the bonus to doing one however its just like anything else. Its new, people like to tinker. I totally get it. I'm one of them. I have a 7mmrem mag action and barrel ready for a 7prc problem is its nearly impossible to find brass for. It is still so new. Ballistics are promising. Extremely flat shooting gun!

It's considerably larger than the 6.5PRC. It's a modern rendition of the 7mm Rem Mag. With it being designed to function at a SAAMI 3.340" which means it's purposely designed to fit in the standard long actions around unlike the larger 300 PRC.

Reading about it has me itching to buy one. I'm trying to be patient. Not sure if I'll buy a new CA or something or do a tikka semi-custom build. Is there a better/best chamber to rebarrel to 7prc? Or would it only matter that it's LA and .540 bolt face?

My .270 WSM, Tikka T-3 is, a Perfect "Candidate" for, the 7 PRC or,. 7 SAUM
But, sadly, the barrel's NOT, "Shot Out",.. Yet !
Most of the Long Action, .540 Bolt faces will, "Work" Check, Magazine OAL's to be,.. sure, tho

Last edited:
Well its a .284 bullet against a .264. So its hard to say is it better cause its in a different class. The question is if its worth doing instead of just a general 7mm. Which I don't see the bonus to doing one however its just like anything else. Its new, people like to tinker. I totally get it. I'm one of them. I have a 7mmrem mag action and barrel ready for a 7prc problem is its nearly impossible to find brass for. It is still so new. Ballistics are promising. Extremely flat shooting gun!
Sorry I kinda had a brain fart in wording the question. I pretty much meant is it worth it. I like different stuff. I caught my attention. I'll probably go with the 6.5 prc. Thanks

Here is a size comparison for you.

Attachments

• 8D27BDF5-3EF9-46C1-8A00-19E22031B1CD.jpeg
    8D27BDF5-3EF9-46C1-8A00-19E22031B1CD.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 202
Sorry I kinda had a brain fart in wording the question. I pretty much meant is it worth it. I like different stuff. I caught my attention. I'll probably go with the 6.5 prc. Thanks
You won't be Unhappy with, the 6.5 PRC. ( It shoots like, a .270 WSM but, with, much Higher, B C, bullets )
My grandson HAS One,.. Its, a "Killer" and, very Accurate with, the Proof Barrel on, a Savage short action, Ultra Lite model,.. IIRC
My son feels that, he needs, the Biggest / Best / better and, the 7 MM Bullets "Get it Done" way, way, out there and, he's willing to, Pay, the Extra Price for, Ammo, Brass, Bullets and in,.. Recoil. You'll have, lots of, Fun and Practice MORE with, the 6.5 PRC,. IMO

Last edited:
As mentioned, hard to compare the two, different class of chambering. Ballistically similar, barrel life similar but 7mm better suited for larger game or longer distances because of heavier bullet options.