7mm PRC

He said 500 round count. 28 nosler is 400 to 800 rds of barrel life. Yes the 7mm-300 prc is very overbore shoot the 7 rem mag is very overbore according to charts lol and the prc is holding like 12 more grains of h20 capacity
7 mag is overbore? Not to us, as overbore is a misnomer based on comparisons to 30-40 year old calibers/cases to what we shoot today. What was classified as magnum 30 years ago is now normal in our vernacular and in our shooting. There is a choice. Run 223 or 30-06 and get performance that will last 3000+ rounds or run faster and harder to get 1500 rounds of bbl life. Same thing with fast cars like nascar and F1 - run fast and get 1-3 races out of an engine versus 150,000 miles on an SUV.

IME and IMO based on that experience - there is an ideal ratio of powder to bullet size that has been proven in our testing to produce excellent hunting loads and killing attributes out past 1000 yards in most modern calibers. We have tested about 40 different calibers to prove our theory. We are focused on hunting loads and our ethics of hitting an animal as hard and fast as we can. No matter the placement, we prefer to ensure the most damage and the cleanest ethical kill possible so we run hunting rifles fast and hard. Hence 7mm/300 PRC that is ideal and much better than the big manufacturer short case.

I built this rifle 5 years ago - have more than 400 rounds through it and bore scope tell me I have tons of life left. Even bbl life is only 800 rounds, that is 10 - 12 years or bbl life which I am very comfortable with.

My load at 66 grains n565 sped up to 2913 from 2885 and to much pressure. The sd was still 4.7 and es was 14 on 10 shots. Going to back it down to 65 grains n565 and see what it does.

My load at 66 grains n565 sped up to 2913 from 2885 and to much pressure. The sd was still 4.7 and es was 14 on 10 shots. Going to back it down to 65 grains n565 and see what it does.
Good morning,
Have you hunted with the 190 Berger, this load? Plan to. I have a load with it in my 7RM with N570 and it is right with your 7PRC.

I have not hunted with the 190 berger I've heard others have and it worked great but no first hand experience

I ended up selling my 7 prc to free up cash if anyone is in need of hornady match bushing dies let me know

I finally was able to buy six boxes of 7mm PRC (Precision Hunter) for my new Christensen Arms Ridgeline. While going through the break-in sequence, I measured an average of 2903 fps (4,500 ft. elevation, 30 F).

I noticed the bolt being a bit difficult to lift after a shot but didn't think much of it until after 3 boxes... Every single rounds have over-pressure signs - flatten primer and extractor marks! I was absolutely surprised that factory ammo would be that high on pressure. I've been brushing and cleaning the bore every 3 rounds for the break-in.

Is that something anyone else noticed? I was planning to reload with H4831SC at 60 to 62.5 grains, to try to get close to the same velocity, but I'll wait to figure things out.

My precision hunter ammo is 2860ish in my 22" barrel and no signs of pressure. I'm at 80 rounds fired.
Thinking it may be more of a chamber issue than an ammo issue in the Christensen rifle.

The 7 PRC is a great cartridge but as said it is just a reinvented in a different case if laupua supported the 7 WSM you would of never seen this Cartridge its the same thing nearly identical capacity .

I finally was able to buy six boxes of 7mm PRC (Precision Hunter) for my new Christensen Arms Ridgeline. While going through the break-in sequence, I measured an average of 2903 fps (4,500 ft. elevation, 30 F).

I noticed the bolt being a bit difficult to lift after a shot but didn't think much of it until after 3 boxes... Every single rounds have over-pressure signs - flatten primer and extractor marks! I was absolutely surprised that factory ammo would be that high on pressure. I've been brushing and cleaning the bore every 3 rounds for the break-in.

Is that something anyone else noticed? I was planning to reload with H4831SC at 60 to 62.5 grains, to try to get close to the same velocity, but I'll wait to figure things out.
It's a Ridgeline thing. It smoothes out over 100-150 rounds