7mm PRC

It'll be a good one, Big 7's are never not a bad idea.

The 7 Mashburn Super came out in the 50's or so I'd guess. I've been using it for 3 decades, it'll do 3K with the 180's. To date I've gone thru several barrels using the round and have filled an ark or two!
I figured I'd see you pipe up before too long buddy! I was telling someone the other day that this gun almost negates all the monkeying around a bunch of do with long mag'ed 7mm Rem's and Mashburns.

still mainly the 150's, and pretty much still the NBT for serious work. Though from time to time I play with this or that.

Did you get to Wyo this fall?

still mainly the 150's, and pretty much still the NBT for serious work. Though from time to time I play with this or that.

Did you get to Wyo this fall?
Wonder what a 150 scenar would do out of the Mash. I might have to try one out of my SAUM.

No Wyo this year, my youngest son had soccer sectionals start on October 2nd so I wasn't gonna miss a game - he's a senior. Was totally worth it. They just won state on Friday night!

Wow that's totally awesome, congrats to the young man!

Don't forget, todays the last day to buy your points in Wyo

What bullet are you running? That's smoking if it's a 180eldm.
180 hybrids and like I said running hard but half a grain off of bolt lift / ejector marks in summer Temps.

If you guys haven't heard the podcast with gunwerks, one of the things I caught was being hornady it's chambered for 180 eld's meaning a berger wouldn't likely engage enough bearing surface with the neck anywhere near the lands.

This is why it will be a top seller. Great logic.
Hmmmmm....I think the point is being missed here in this thinking....has anyone discovered....that almost every known caliber today in all the tried and true gun manufacturers are introducing what are called...New twist rates to accommodate New heavier loads....or is this totally revolutionary in ONLY PRCs....maybe it's just me and I'm not up to date...or perhaps...just delusional and I have dreamt such an improvement elsewhere!

Hmmmmm....I think the point is being missed here in this thinking....has anyone discovered....that almost every known caliber today in all the tried and true gun manufacturers are introducing what are called...New twist rates to accommodate New heavier loads....or is this totally revolutionary in ONLY PRCs....maybe it's just me and I'm not up to date...or perhaps...just delusional and I have dreamt such an improvement elsewhere!

You sir are missing a few points eh!
The twist is a moot point. That is not the reason "they" (Hornady) will be successful with this cartridge. These three; 6.5,7, and 300prc with a 4th PRC coming will cover every shooting and hunting realm needed. They have the knowledge and money to do it. These PRC lines get the backing from Hornady, Lapua, ADG, Peterson etc. Enjoy your night.

Last edited:
Once SAAMI accepts a cartridge, I don't believe it can be changed. This includes recommended twist rate. I believe that rifle manufacturers have to follow these specifications. Therefore, the 6.5 CM. A current example, 270WSM-6.8 Western. Very slight difference in the case because of this. 270WSM-10T. 268 Western-8T. And yes, I have 270WSMs with both 10T and 8T. But I'm not a manufacturer. It is nice to have the twist rate stamped on the barrel next to the cartridge size too.