6.5 PRC rifle decisions

Im looking of buy a new all around rifle; probably in 6.5 PRC. preferably under $2250

after several days of moderate lookin I've narrowed the list down to one of the Bergara line up, sig cross (not in PRC) , Springfield waypoint, one of the x bolt lineup, maybe a christenson and maybe a savage 110 ultralite, but I have my reservations about the last two

any thoughts, advice, and comments would be welcome. cheers!
I have 2 Bergara's one in 6.5 C and one in the 6.5 PRC, both shoot .250 groups at 200 yds, outstanding accuracy. Both out to 500 will punch under 1.5 groups, these rifle's are incredible shooters. Shoot loads using 140gr and 143g with H 4350 and found out the Alliant

Reloder® 26

is faster and shoots great groups ,,deadly stuff. The Bergars's in the Creedmoor run around $1,000.00 depending what one you get.

Browning X-Bolt, the barrel twist rate is perfect for shooting the heavier bullets with higher B.C.s, feeding is smooth, stocks are great, if you handload try the Hornady A-Tip bullets with RE 26.

Im looking of buy a new all around rifle; probably in 6.5 PRC. preferably under $2250

after several days of moderate lookin I've narrowed the list down to one of the Bergara line up, sig cross (not in PRC) , Springfield waypoint, one of the x bolt lineup, maybe a christenson and maybe a savage 110 ultralite, but I have my reservations about the last two

I recently purchased a Christenson MPR in 6.5 PRC. Absolutely love this rifle. Ive shot Weatherbys for years and this rifle beats them all. Not to heavy to make it a burden to carry on a all day hunt and not to light to make recoil an issue. Ive shot Sub 1/2 MOA out to 800yards. Only issue is for the people around you from the muzzle brake concussion

After selling firearms for several years I have stopped selling Christensen and Bergara. I had too many complaints about them. Browning uses very soft metal in their receivers. I have not had any issues with Savage and every gun I've sold has been sub MOA out of the box including the Axis. I'm also a big fan of Sig but don't own any long guns. The people that I've sold them to love them.

I'm going to put another vote in for Seekins Havak Element or PH2. They are great shooting rifles. I have a PH2 in 6.5 PRC that shoots great. My son and I have been shooting the 6.5 PRC for several years now. Killed many animals and it has done a great job from 100-800 Yards.

I sure wish Tikka T3x came in 6.5PRC.
For factory they are hard to beat.
The good news is the 6.5 PRC is available in the Tikka Roughtech line.

If going factory rifle from your list, I would suggest the Waypoint first and then a Bergara Premier rifle second. I have a profound dislike for CA after my experiences with them and Savage is a love it or hate it rifle IMO. They are a great rifle but I just don't care for the looks. The Seekins Havak is another great rifle but above your stated price.

I had clickers with my Ridgeline in PRC with the original barrel but have not had any issue with the CarbonSix barrel on it now. I think it comes down to who chambers the barrel and how old the reamer is.
What are "clicker issues"?

I've owned CA Ridgeline, a Browning X Bolt, several Savage 10's and 12's, and several Rem 700's. I've always enjoyed modifying and tinkering with the 700's but I will say out of all the rifles I've owned the savage is the roughest tooling, least attractive but most accurate across the board (no tinkering needed other than load development). The CA has all the bells and whistles but was probably my biggest problem child out of the bunch. Just my 2c based on my experiences

I've owned CA Ridgeline, a Browning X Bolt, several Savage 10's and 12's, and several Rem 700's. I've always enjoyed modifying and tinkering with the 700's but I will say out of all the rifles I've owned the savage is the roughest tooling, least attractive but most accurate across the board (no tinkering needed other than load development). The CA has all the bells and whistles but was probably my biggest problem child out of the bunch. Just my 2c based on my experiences
I bought a Savage Axis in 6.5 CM just to see that the hype was with the 6.5 a couple years back and out of the box with only 8 rounds that I had loaded because that's all the brass I had I got it on paper at 25 with 1 shot and took it to 100 and shot a .75" group .25" off the bullseye. Savage has a very accurate rifle.

Sauer fieldshoot

I bought a waypoint on sale. Zero complaints shooting factory Lapua ammo because of the price it was and have good brass for later. Broke it in shot one 3 shot group and took it out to the 600 yd range. Just point and click hits on 6" steel all day. Seekins was my second choice and will likely be my next gun in 7 prc. If building anything I use tikka now.

I think the 6.5 PRC is a great all around rifle and I got one last year for Christmas (I picked it out of course...lol). I have a 6.5 PRC SAKO S20 Hunter with a thumbhole stock, 24" threaded barrel, and I absolutely LOVE it and it is the most accurate rifle I own (and I own some great ones). This is my third SAKO and I couldn't be happier with it. The gun usually runs around $1,600 (got mine on a Christmas sale for $1,299). The trigger travel and weight can be very easily adjusted. The owner's manual says the trigger cannot be adjusted below 2lbs; however it can (the lawyers probably don't like this). I have my trigger adjusted down to 1lb 8oz and it is amazing and a tack driver. With factory Hornady 143gr ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo I shot a 1/4 MOA group at 300 yards. With reloads I am consistently shooting 1/4 to 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards and this is all you can ask for with a rifle that costs about $1,500. It's not a Fierce or high end Christenson; however for North Louisiana whitetails what more could I possible want? My reloads are as follows: Lapua brass with shoulders bumped back .002"; Fed 210M primers, 143gr ELD-X bullets; 60.5 grs of Reloader 25 powder and I'm averaging 3,206 fps. I have a new load same as above except with 59.2 grs of Vhitavouri N565 that is averaging about the same velocity; however I have not shot groups yet. Probably a little too much information for you but all this to say that I LOVE my 6.5 PRC and it is a pleasure to shoot. Also, the Browning X-Bolt line up is good. I have a Hells Canyon X-Bolt in 28 Nosler and it is also a nice gun (too much really for whitetails and better suited for elk). Just remember if you go with an X-Bolt that the "feather trigger" cannot be adjusted lower than about 3.5lbs (which might be fine for you). If you get an X-Bolt and want to go down to 2lbs or 1.5lbs you will need to get another trigger spring from MCarbo. MCarbo has a nice spring replacement that is fairly easy to install and you will have a nice trigger and keep the safety unloading feathers of the bolt. Timney also has an X-Bolt replacement trigger; however the MCarbo spring is only a couple of bucks and you keep the safetyt features of bolt. Hope this helps.

I think the 6.5 PRC is a great all around rifle and I got one last year for Christmas (I picked it out of course...lol). I have a 6.5 PRC SAKO S20 Hunter with a thumbhole stock, 24" threaded barrel, and I absolutely LOVE it and it is the most accurate rifle I own (and I own some great ones). This is my third SAKO and I couldn't be happier with it. The gun usually runs around $1,600 (got mine on a Christmas sale for $1,299). The trigger travel and weight can be very easily adjusted. The owner's manual says the trigger cannot be adjusted below 2lbs; however it can (the lawyers probably don't like this). I have my trigger adjusted down to 1lb 8oz and it is amazing and a tack driver. With factory Hornady 143gr ELD-X Precision Hunter ammo I shot a 1/4 MOA group at 300 yards. With reloads I am consistently shooting 1/4 to 1/2 MOA groups at 100 yards and this is all you can ask for with a rifle that costs about $1,500. It's not a Fierce or high end Christenson; however for North Louisiana whitetails what more could I possible want? My reloads are as follows: Lapua brass with shoulders bumped back .002"; Fed 210M primers, 143gr ELD-X bullets; 60.5 grs of Reloader 25 powder and I'm averaging 3,206 fps. I have a new load same as above except with 59.2 grs of Vhitavouri N565 that is averaging about the same velocity; however I have not shot groups yet. Probably a little too much information for you but all this to say that I LOVE my 6.5 PRC and it is a pleasure to shoot. Also, the Browning X-Bolt line up is good. I have a Hells Canyon X-Bolt in 28 Nosler and it is also a nice gun (too much really for whitetails and better suited for elk). Just remember if you go with an X-Bolt that the "feather trigger" cannot be adjusted lower than about 3.5lbs (which might be fine for you). If you get an X-Bolt and want to go down to 2lbs or 1.5lbs you will need to get another trigger spring from MCarbo. MCarbo has a nice spring replacement that is fairly easy to install and you will have a nice trigger and keep the safety unloading feathers of the bolt. Timney also has an X-Bolt replacement trigger; however the MCarbo spring is only a couple of bucks and you keep the safetyt features of bolt. Hope this helps.
Correction: not averaging 3,206 fps on my velocity with RL 25; meant to type 3,026 fps for my average velocity. Sorry for the initial oversight.