Decisions decisions

Sounds like you have 6.5 and up covered. If shooting varmints were a consideration I'd say some 22 or 243. I'd go 25-06, 25-06ai, 257wby, 25sst... especially in a lightweight cf barrel. Sounds like you are building a great rifle. I'd make it fun to shoot. Unless you want this to be a mountain elk gun, then build another big 7 or 300.

I'm not convinced that a 7PRC is necessary, or will be wanted by too many folks. Not enough to offer like the 300 PRC from anything current. Is it components availability that has slowed these two down at least here in Canada or are folks waking up to the facts that 6.8 Western ( only produced by a Single gun manufacturer) and the PRCs just don't offer ENOUGH of an improvement over current offerings? Or is it that folks have hoarded enough retail ammo and are full. I haven't sold a box of 6.5 prc or 300 prc in weeks....but Creed 6.5, 7mm, 308,300 wm continue to fly off the shelves... same with 7 wsm...can't sell it....but it sure fills the 7 PRC hole in my opinion....but it's just one man's opinion.....Who sells guns and ammo for a living!

I'm not convinced that a 7PRC is necessary, or will be wanted by too many folks. Not enough to offer like the 300 PRC from anything current. Is it components availability that has slowed these two down at least here in Canada or are folks waking up to the facts that 6.8 Western ( only produced by a Single gun manufacturer) and the PRCs just don't offer ENOUGH of an improvement over current offerings? Or is it that folks have hoarded enough retail ammo and are full. I haven't sold a box of 6.5 prc or 300 prc in weeks....but Creed 6.5, 7mm, 308,300 wm continue to fly off the shelves... same with 7 wsm...can't sell it....but it sure fills the 7 PRC hole in my opinion....but it's just one man's opinion.....Who sells guns and ammo for a living!
Common cartridges are just that...Common. most people have those. 6.5PRC and 300PRC are still specialty cartridges and much less popular. Reloaders are the few that will pick up those less popular cartridge builds because they know they are excellent performers and can reload using any bullet they want. I reload everything I shoot. Experienced shooters that have knowledge of ballistics and cartridges know which fill their niche.

Common cartridges are just that...Common. most people have those. 6.5PRC and 300PRC are still specialty cartridges and much less popular. Reloaders are the few that will pick up those less popular cartridge builds because they know they are excellent performers and can reload using any bullet they want. I reload everything I shoot. Experienced shooters that have knowledge of ballistics and cartridges know which fill their niche.
Good answer as I have reloaded for 50 years too...but for a caliber to survive...It has been my experience that the general population needs to support it...we all know about wildcats....it's just how many do we need to continually dilute our current supply situation if they offer little to nothing on existing lines? But I get it also.....something shinny, something new.....SO PRETTY TO LOOK AT SO NICE TO HOLD...BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY...IF IT OFFERS LITTLE TO NOTHING...CONSIDER IT SOLD! Good for my business but painful everyday telling customers.....No SORRY...I DONT HAVE THAT can't get it....NO ONE has it available ...but it's called progress..it's not the Zen God's of reloading that our markets are sustained by.
Edit: Sorry..one old man's rantings...I think I should shut up now....and go shooting!😊

Wow. You do have an impressive list of excellent caliber's! I see you don't have a classic big game round ! Just for fun , How about a 375 H and H Or a 416 Rigby ! Good for big brown bears American Bison African Buffalo , or any thing else you need or want !! What the heck You have everything else !!!!

I like to play with something different. I also have too many rifles. I just finished a.338 Federal with an AG composite carbon fiber stock and HS Precision mag system Defiant action , Bartlien barrel Jewell trigger . I decided to chamber a Proof carbon in .284 Winchester and put them in a case with the mags, muzzle brakes and a barrel barrel vice made to go into my receiver hitch.Now I can get scope dials made and for both caliber and have something different to play with.

You have about everything else so why not a .22-250 tack driver? I'm building one on a 700 Rem action, Shillen match grade bull barrel, jewel trigger and Sako extractor in the bolt. All will go into a McMillan Tactical A3 stock. It will be heavy to tote around but should shoot sub MOA .... we'll see?

Good answer as I have reloaded for 50 years too...but for a caliber to survive...It has been my experience that the general population needs to support it...we all know about wildcats....it's just how many do we need to continually dilute our current supply situation if they offer little to nothing on existing lines? But I get it also.....something shinny, something new.....SO PRETTY TO LOOK AT SO NICE TO HOLD...BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY...IF IT OFFERS LITTLE TO NOTHING...CONSIDER IT SOLD! Good for my business but painful everyday telling customers.....No SORRY...I DONT HAVE THAT can't get it....NO ONE has it available ...but it's called progress..it's not the Zen God's of reloading that our markets are sustained by.
Edit: Sorry..one old man's rantings...I think I should shut up now....and go shooting!😊
Short version of my post is...Build what you want if your a reloader. Doesn't matter who sells the ammo. Rolling your own makes it a win, win.

The SAUM hands down. The PRC is no slouch tho. Assuming your talking about the big brother to the 6.5 PRC it's about like the 284 maybe a tad faster but only a grain or so more case capacity isn't worth worrying about. The 284 is proven over and over. Between the PRC and 284, I'd go 284. Non-magnum isn't needed between these two options.
That's an interesting idea I always wanted a seven SAUM does anyone know which one is faster velocity in comparison
The 7 PRC has more case capacity than the SAUM, so I would bet it will produce the greater velocity. I've only seen the SAAMI spec sheet on the 7 PRC. It's a little shorter case than the 28 Nosler and expected to give better barrel life than the Nosler. When I shoot out my 28 Nosler barrel I'll be rebarreling to the 7 PRC.