Decisions decisions

BPollard

OK so I have many calibers that overlap and probably no need for any more guns. I am a victim to gunderwear. I recently shot a friends rifle with a Defiance action and I am hooked. That is the smoothest, sexist I ever seen. So of course now I need to build one. I always wanted a Proof carbon fiber barrel rifle so I figured, why not put them together.
My question to all of you is what caliber? I have a few 300 win mag 300 wsm and SAUM, obviously 6.5 man bun 7 Weatherby 65 300 Weatherby 338 Lapua 338 WinMag 338 Federal 308, 30-06 and recently 65 PRC which is gaining in popularity with me. I have hunting out West covered and deer hunting on the east covered. I appreciate your suggestions.

I'm glad that I don't share your problems! One rifle/cartridge/bullet for all big game hunting and 2 rifles for smaller varmints, with both sharing the same zero! 😉

Handguns ……a bit more complicated! Two bullet weights and two different velocities!

I lose very little sleep with firearm "indecision"! 😂 Shooting/hunting should not be a "stress inducer"! 😂 memtb

That's an interesting idea I always wanted a seven SAUM does anyone know which one is faster velocity in comparison
The SAUM hands down. The PRC is no slouch tho. Assuming your talking about the big brother to the 6.5 PRC it's about like the 284 maybe a tad faster but only a grain or so more case capacity isn't worth worrying about. The 284 is proven over and over. Between the PRC and 284, I'd go 284. Non-magnum isn't needed between these two options.

That's an interesting idea I always wanted a seven SAUM does anyone know which one is faster velocity in comparison
3- things you say you want:
*Defiance action
*Proof bbl
*7 saum

Build the 7 SAUM with a Defiance Anti-X Med action, & the Cabon bbl you want.
drop it in a AG Alpine, add a Suppressor,
& a Great optic.

Enjoy!!

Recent Posts