Decisions decisions....

Has anyone floated these stocks?

Its not hard to do. I used a cheap deep socket the size of the barrel channel wrapped with some 80 grit sandpaper. When finished I sealed the wood with some Poly finish stuff....but on mine the stock is that laminated wood and probably didnt need it....but I spent the 2 minutes required and did it anyway

Is your .300RUM accurate? If it shoots well, and is comfy to carry.. then why not use it! :D Unless of course you collect/sell the fur from the varmints... I shoot varmints to kill them.. my .300 will do just fine in any situation I get into.. especially here in Va where you cant shoot past 200 yards without hitting a tree, house, barn, coal camp, etc! :D Blow a fox to bits with your .300 one time and see if it doesnt make you proud!

I'm almost embarrassed to tell this... I shot a bobcat at 100yrds in the shoulder with nosler brass a 168gr vld and 98.5gr of powder. Vaporized right? WRONG **** thing ran off in the thicket after it got back up. Well I found it about 40yrds later with no extit hole and his shoulder jellied. Still haven't figured that one out. Didn't much impress me with the Berger. My stock I'd that injection molded junk I've heard people say you can't and some said you can float it

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.