6.5 PRC rifle decisions

Nickwild

Im looking of buy a new all around rifle; probably in 6.5 PRC. preferably under $2250

after several days of moderate lookin I've narrowed the list down to one of the Bergara line up, sig cross (not in PRC) , Springfield waypoint, one of the x bolt lineup, maybe a christenson and maybe a savage 110 ultralite, but I have my reservations about the last two

any thoughts, advice, and comments would be welcome. cheers!

I have 3 110's. 2 300wm and 1 338lm. I also am building 2 other 110 actions with 1 being 264wm (completed last month) and the other being 300wm cf barrel. I kinda like the 110's for easy diy work, but will be building off a Zermatt next time as it's close to a 110, but used Rem triggers and I rem chassis's, but barrel nuts like 110's do so the choice is easy for me.

I have two, 6.5-06's, one a Ruger M77, MKII the other a 66-year-old FN Mauser. McGowen barrels (8 twist), Timney triggers, Richards' & other stock (olde gun smith design), inletted, bedded & finished by me (laminate plywood stock & nice Euro walnut stock). Cost under $1K each not including scopes, rings, & bases.

Should 6.5 PRC brass be easily available at less than $1.00 per, I might re-barrel an olde .300 WM that has a tired barrel -same stock, trigger, & other stuff. Marginal ballistic gains with 6.5 PRC over 6.5-06 but rifle has a .532 bolt face.

I have about 400 pieces of 6.5-06 brass that cost about $200 - lots of shots.

I would go with the Savage and then replace the stock with a Mesa precision altitude or the Springfield Waypoint. I have several savages but none have factory barrels or stocks, with the ultralight having a good barrel already all you would need is a stock. I have not had experience with the waypoint but it looks really good on paper.

Are you reloading for this cartridge? If so, the SAMMI specs from manufacturers has some people with clicker issues. If you are not reloading, then you will have no issues, just thought I would bring that to your attention.
Springfield Waypoint , would be my factory choice , I think they use the AG Composite stock . The 6.5 PRC will perform way above your expectations especially if you handload .The clicker issue has not been a problem with me and I have 2 PRCS , good luck with your choice.

If going factory rifle from your list, I would suggest the Waypoint first and then a Bergara Premier rifle second. I have a profound dislike for CA after my experiences with them and Savage is a love it or hate it rifle IMO. They are a great rifle but I just don't care for the looks. The Seekins Havak is another great rifle but above your stated price.

I had clickers with my Ridgeline in PRC with the original barrel but have not had any issue with the CarbonSix barrel on it now. I think it comes down to who chambers the barrel and how old the reamer is.

Im looking of buy a new all around rifle; probably in 6.5 PRC. preferably under $2250

after several days of moderate lookin I've narrowed the list down to one of the Bergara line up, sig cross (not in PRC) , Springfield waypoint, one of the x bolt lineup, maybe a christenson and maybe a savage 110 ultralite, but I have my reservations about the last two

any thoughts, advice, and comments would be welcome. cheers!
might ought check out the Sauer 100. i really like mine. topped it with an athalon scope for around 1500. shots 4,5,6 out of the rifle during sight in were 0.5". only took 6 to sight it in for 200 yds. during elk season a week later shot a coyote at 416 yds (shot number 7) walked up to the coyote and decided to sit down and call about 50 yards away and shot the male partner at 179 yds(shot number 8) both coyotes were hit where i aimed. i let my buddy shoot it to see how it shoots shot number 9. let his 10 year old son shot it shot number 10. now the son wants one. kick about like my .243's

might ought check out the Sauer 100. i really like mine. topped it with an athalon scope for around 1500. shots 4,5,6 out of the rifle during sight in were 0.5". only took 6 to sight it in for 200 yds. during elk season a week later shot a coyote at 416 yds (shot number 7) walked up to the coyote and decided to sit down and call about 50 yards away and shot the male partner at 179 yds(shot number 8) both coyotes were hit where i aimed. i let my buddy shoot it to see how it shoots shot number 9. let his 10 year old son shot it shot number 10. now the son wants one. kick about like my .243's
i have the fieldshoot I've shot some p dogs over 600 yds. Gun is my favorite and i have lots of guns

Out of those options, waypoint 100%. Savage is a $1k barrel with a $300 action/stock. I don't think you'll get the quality of parts your after with your budget. CA, well, we all know the different opinions there. Bergara makes a nice barrel, with an OK action with MIM parts.