6.5 PRC rifle decisions

So here is some load data:
Factory Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ELD-X averaged 2,742fps and grouped 3/4" at 300 yards (I didn't group them at 100 yards).
My best reload (performance and accuracy) is as follows: 6.5 PRC Lapua brass with .002" shoulder bump; Fed 210M primer; 60.5gr of RL 25; 143gr ELD-X seated .017" off the lands. Avg 3,026fps; 3 shot group at 100 yards 3/8" all day everyday and twice on Sunday. I will take that all day long from a $1,500 gun (bare gun not including scope and rings). To be honest I am still experimenting with some VV N565 that is coming very close to the RL 25 on the velocity. If I can get the same performance and accuracy from the VV N565 I would rather use it because I have much more of it and it burns cleaner and has anti-fouling agents in it. RL 26 would be my preference; however it is impossible to find. I am told that VV N565 is very close to RL 26; however I have no scientific proof of that but recently I have read a lot of viable information that seems to indicate the burn rates are very close. Hope this helps. Thanks
I should have told you guys I have a 24" barrel; 1 in 8 twist. My performance numbers are a little under max in the most recent Hornady reloading manual; however that 6.5 PRC data was collected using a 26" barrel. I would be interested to know if anyone out there who has a 6.5 PRC with a 26" barrel is getting much above 3,000fps with 142gr Nosler ABLR or 143gr ELD-X. Book says up to 3,150fps but that is with a 26" barrel.

Well reloading is a lifelong hobby of mine and so every now and then I get around to working up a new load for one of my rifles just because I want to chase chrony numbers or get a little better results and/or use another bullet for a different purpose etc. I've had rifles with really low SD and ES that didn't shoot worth a d**@n and loads that had unimpressive SD/ES that shot great (confounds me all the time). Of course, the two usually go hand in glove. The point of achieving low SD/ES is to get the small groups (usually low numbers result in that) and achieve repeatable results, especially when looking for loads for long range, lower MOA/smaller groups = a much likelier hit at the POA down range. I have been reloading for 50 years (since I was 17--started with my grad dad) so I'm a huge fan of the usually superior results from handloading and my beloved custom rifles. That said, recent improvements in components, bullets and faster twist barrels available in off the shelf rifles and high-quality factory ammo can allow a guy to get a decent set up and enjoy solid results without spending a wad of cash--that has really made an impression on me. Love my reloading and my custom rifles and continuously fiddling with my loads, you know just because, but the fact is, my OTS 6.5 PRC using factory Nosler ABLR bullets is the best shooting rifle I have out of a large stash of rifles that shoot pretty dang good...Doh, did not see that coming:). So I'm just suggesting you don't have to spend a wad of cash for a rig or be an experienced reloader (and all the money that entails--I save very little reloading any more due to the obsessively hard addiction to my hobby---I have ALL the toys, but I have a lot of fun). So now days, and what I've observed recently, is you can get into a decent rifle that'll do the job day in and day out with OTS and factory ammo--if you're lucky. I have an open mind and pretty results driven kind of guy so I wont fall on my sword defending that the way I do it is the right way. I'm just trying to encourage the guys who are dedicated outdoorsman/hunters who don't have a wad of cash for a custom rifle and high-end optics or interest in reloading that there are credible alternatives to our obsession with high end rigs and finely tuned loads (guilty)...like me:)!

Factory Hornady Precision Hunter 143 gr ELD-X averaged 2,742fps and grouped 3/4" at 300 yards (I didn't group them at 100 yards).
My best reload (performance and accuracy) is as follows: 6.5 PRC Lapua brass with .002" shoulder bump; Fed 210M primer; 60.5gr of RL 25; 143gr ELD-X seated .017" off the lands. Avg 3,026fps; 3 shot group at 100 yards 3/8" all day everyday and twice on Sunday. I will take that all day long from a $1,500 gun (bare gun not including scope and rings). To be honest I am still experimenting with some VV N565 that is coming very close to the RL 25 on the velocity. If I can get the same performance and accuracy from the VV N565 I would rather use it because I have much more of it and it burns cleaner and has anti-fouling agents in it. RL 26 would be my preference; however it is impossible to find. I am told that VV N565 is very close to RL 26; however I have no scientific proof of that but recently I have read a lot of viable information that seems to indicate the burn rates are very close. Hope this helps. Thanks
Thanks RL--very helpful. I have been unable to find RL-26 in two years but I have ALL the other powders that are supposed to be good food for the 6.5 PRC, including VV 565. I'll prolly start with that!

You are correct. I am not a competitive bench rest shooter, I am just a guy who loves to hunt whitetail in Northwest Louisiana that has been blessed enough to own an amazing piece of hunting land to do it on. And I love to reload and I demand my hunting loads be as accurate as they can be for clean, ethical kills. I truly enjoy reloading and sharing information with those who share my interests or are considering getting into reloading. You definitely have to have a personality for it; and I do and I hope to pass it along to my grandkids one day. But to your point, there is a lot of fine equipment and factory ammo that won't break the bank that is more than adequate for those who love to hunt and take game responsibly.

Thanks RL--very helpful. I have been unable to find RL-26 in two years but I have ALL the other powders that are supposed to be good food for the 6.5 PRC, including VV 565. I'll prolly start with that!
Give VV N565 a try for your 6.5 PRC—I think you will like it. I am pretty much the same as you—I have several other powders that I could load in 6.5 PRC. I actually got some decent results with Alliant PP4000MR; it's just RL 25 and VV N565 were a little better.

Thank you for sharing.

Nice rifle! I looked at the Savage 110 Ultralight rifle with the Proof Research barrel; however there were none to be had anywhere during December 2022. I am assuming you have a 24" barrel based on the velocities you are getting—which are very good by the way. In December 2022 I got a SAKO S20 Huter in 6.5 PRC and I absolutely love it so far. I am a Reloader and I have only been able to break 3,000 fps with one load (I have a 24" barrel). With 60.5grs of RL 25 I am averaging 3,026 fps shooting 3/8" groups consistently. I've tested VV N560 and I topped out at 2,950fps. I am at 2,962 with VV N565 and I have a little room to go so I might break 3,000fps with that load. I am using Lapua brass with the shoulders bumped .002"; Fed 210M primers, Hornady 143gr ELD-X bullets; 60.5grs of RL 25 loaded .017" off the lands. So far I have been pleased; however I haven't taken a whitetail yet so we will see. I'm sure it will be a "one hitter quitter".
Tikka off the shelf with 24" barrel Nosler brass 147gr ELD-M VHT 565 doing 3,000 fps no pressure signs. Best grouping too, these rifles are excellent value for the money.