6.5 PRC rifle decisions

I've been researching all the same rifles and was kind of set on the Waypoint until actually handling it (and all the others listed) at my local gun store. So now I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe just buy a T3X and a stock. Put the money I save into the scope. Anyway I wouldn't buy any of them without first handling them yourself.
What didn't you like?

I have a T3x I got in a trade, put it in a manners stock, gun is amazing. I'm having unknown munitions load some 124 Hammer bullets 58 grains of powder and all 5 are touching at 100.
Which manners? I'm looking at them but those prices have me leaning more towards a Grayboe Phoenix.

Im looking of buy a new all around rifle; probably in 6.5 PRC. preferably under $2250

after several days of moderate lookin I've narrowed the list down to one of the Bergara line up, sig cross (not in PRC) , Springfield waypoint, one of the x bolt lineup, maybe a christenson and maybe a savage 110 ultralite, but I have my reservations about the last two

any thoughts, advice, and comments would be welcome. cheers!
In your price range I'd pick a Seekins. Affordable, with zero complaints. Plus the 6.5 PRC has a generous magazine length. I think its 3.1 or 3.2 inches. I would not roll the dice on a CA rifle rifght now. Way too many complaints. The Springfield looks like a great rifle but its more expensive than the Seekins in most configurations. It would be my second choice behind the Seekins. The Savage doesn't seem to have as many complaints as the CAs, but I have read some issues and I'm not crazy about that stock. Shouldered one at Sportsmans Warehouse, not my favorite.

Seekins HAVAK PH2
$1,895.00

When the Waypoint was introduced, I was really interested in it, but could not find one anywhere. The rifle magazines had all the rifles so none were available for the consumer.
I bought the Seekins Havak PH2 in 6.5PRC and have not looked back. Great rifle, fair price and it was in stock.

I realize that a ruger American would be waaay under your budget....but my go wild model will shoot 3/8 groups with all bergers. It shoots as good as my wife's browning xbolt hells canyon. You could buy bot and still be in your budget. Both of our 6.5 prc shoot 1 hole groups with 124 hammer hunters. I have not experienced clickers yet, hornady and lapua brass. Have some loaded 6 times. It's a great cartridge. Good luck

I realize that a ruger American would be waaay under your budget....but my go wild model will shoot 3/8 groups with all bergers. It shoots as good as my wife's browning xbolt hells canyon. You could buy bot and still be in your budget. Both of our 6.5 prc shoot 1 hole groups with 124 hammer hunters. I have not experienced clickers yet, hornady and lapua brass. Have some loaded 6 times. It's a great cartridge. Good luck
What if I told you the OP already has a Ruger American in 6.5cm?! 😜

They're basically giving away sako s20s right now, and they're fantastic rifles.
I was going to point these out as well. The first factory rifle I haven't touched anything on. Stock is great. Trigger is great. Three lug action is great and won't interfere with scope mounting height. At $1,100, there's no better bargain I can think of.

tikka or a seekins PH2/Element would be my pick from factory options

but i'd save a little more and build one first that gives a lot more options down the road.
-origin, proof, xlr element magnesium.

Recent Posts