Rain here in East Tx

Well, forecast for 4-6 inches more rain today. And the river is still rising. This may become a record high water flood event. Hope not!

Well another 4" since 3:30 today. Lots of local flooding here in town. The river gauges show a small rise is forecast.
Praying the flooding is over.

We used to wade out to about waist deep and drive t-posts in and string a trot line. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
When we set trot lines in the flats or river edge, we use fresh cut pine tree sapling tops. 1" at the small end and 6-8' long depending on water depth. Jam them in the mud a foot or more and they will bend and never break.

Funny pic from a buddy who hunts close by my place. Taken by a trail cam. Feeder still throwing corn!!!
Lots of pigs in East Tx.

PS: He has better feeders than me, but he hasn't lost nearly as many down in that bottom as I have!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4714.jpeg
    IMG_4714.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 33
That's a lot of rain……but not quite what Louisiana and West Mississippi saw in 2016 (I think). ….30+ inches in a couple of days.

I have a video of my grandkids getting in a boat headed out for high ground, while leaving their parents at the house watching the water rise!

Parts of Louisiana had some serious flooding! memtb
Yup 30" in 2 days. Had to leave at midnight by boat with 3' water in the house. Fortunately I had put all my guns in the attic. I know you guys have been getting hammered over there.

Yup 30" in 2 days. Had to leave at midnight by boat with 3' water in the house. Fortunately I had put all my guns in the attic. I know you guys have been getting hammered over there.

Hey cajun……what area of the state do you live? My family is near Zachary or in Evangeline Parish! memtb

Hey cajun……what area of the state do you live? My family is near Zachary or in Evangeline Parish! memtb
I'm in a small town between Baton Rouge and Hammond. They had put a 5' wall on I12 as a lane divider when they added the third lanes and it was basically a dam holding back water. Thats what got us. We survived the initial rain but when then river crested it had pushed water on us.

Funny pic from a buddy who hunts close by my place. Taken by a trail cam. Feeder still throwing corn!!!
Lots of pigs in East Tx.

PS: He has better feeders than me, but he hasn't lost nearly as many down in that bottom as I have!!!

lol 😂 that's a awesome picture

I'm in a small town between Baton Rouge and Hammond. They had put a 5' wall on I12 as a lane divider when they added the third lanes and it was basically a dam holding back water. Thats what got us. We survived the initial rain but when then river crested it had pushed water on us.

Watching the SEL girls playing Alabama right now!

My grandson is engaged to a girl from Albany. memtb

Last edited: