6.5 prc elk poll, round 3!!

What 6.5prc elk bullet??

• Total voters
Ditto 142 NABLR, 140 gr AB, also 140 STGK, or 143 Norma Bond strike or Hornady 143 ELD-X...just never became a fan of "blowing up" bullets or copper turned on a lathe. I prefer high BC, controlled expansion bullets for that task.
What is controlled expansion about the NABLR? It's probably more "explosive" then any of the bullets he listed from what I have seen.

I wonder if there's a correlation between location and age with the whole target bullet discussion. It seems like lots of guys east of the Rockies pushing the mono/bonded bullets. If Ron Spomar and his dumb hat are in your age group then I think there's a lean toward bonded bullets as well. Maybe I'm wrong…

Now what you got against Ron Spomar's dumb hat.!!!

NONE OF THEM!!

You are already using a small caliber for a big, tough, heavily boned animal....why on earth would you want to use a non-bonded target bullet?

If you are going to use a 6.5, then I would use a Hammer Hunter or other momo-copper bullet, or AT LEAST a tough bonded bullet.

I know that none of us here ever blow a shot;) but if you do, I wouldn't want to be using a 6.5 target bullet

What is controlled expansion about the NABLR? It's probably more "explosive" then any of the bullets he listed from what I have seen.
The NABLR expands at long range at slower speeds to give mushroom but still penetrate. They are however bonded and very solid even at close range retaining about 58% bullet weight at 100 yds, still holding together and retaining bullet weight at 7-800 yds. What they don't do is penetrate about 2 inches then disintegrate as Bergers are designed to do. Watch their video. Some love it, I don't. If you hit the shoulder or other hard bone on a big critter with an explosive bullet you often fail to penetrate at all and just create an ugly surface wound. In 50 years of global hunting, I have never seen a Nosler bullet fail or experience a core jacket separation, thought I have with Hornady, Speer and some Sierra...sometimes it happens. The 143 Norma Bond Strike gives similar performance and I love me some Barnes TSSX in these warm mid-caliber cartridges. I have never used Hammers but I'm intentionally gonna load up some 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western and 7mm-08 just to see if I experience the white light surrounding me everyone else does by using this bullet:)!

The NABLR expands at long range at slower speeds to give mushroom but still penetrate. They are however bonded and very solid even at close range retaining about 58% bullet weight at 100 yds, still holding together and retaining bullet weight at 7-800 yds. What they don't do is penetrate about 2 inches then disintegrate as Bergers are designed to do. Watch their video. Some love it, I don't. If you hit the shoulder or other hard bone on a big critter with an explosive bullet you often fail to penetrate at all and just create an ugly surface wound. In 50 years of global hunting, I have never seen a Nosler bullet fail or experience a core jacket separation, thought I have with Hornady, Speer and some Sierra...sometimes it happens. The 143 Norma Bond Strike gives similar performance and I love me some Barnes TSSX in these warm mid-caliber cartridges. I have never used Hammers but I'm intentionally gonna load up some 6.5 PRC, 6.8 Western and 7mm-08 just to see if I experience the white light surrounding me everyone else does by using this bullet:)!
I meant TTSX...fat fingers and episodic senility.