6.5 prc elk poll, round 3!!

What 6.5prc elk bullet??

• Total voters
I think any of them will do. I think there are a number of smaller 6.5/.264 cartridges that are good to 400 yards. The PRC obviously has more speed and is capable of 600 yard shots. I personally prefer a 7mm over just about anything else though.

I wonder if there's a correlation between location and age with the whole target bullet discussion. It seems like lots of guys east of the Rockies pushing the mono/bonded bullets. If Ron Spomar and his dumb hat are in your age group then I think there's a lean toward bonded bullets as well. Maybe I'm wrong…

Idk about Ron's dumb hat or easterner's, but far west, and by that I mean California have made our choice for us. Claims of environmental impact dictated that movement. As Californication spreads so will the policies. Case in point, the reintroduction of the wolf in Colorado. In the next decade, I foresee all States passing laws due to environmental reasons or to protect us "like the jab" from lead poisoning etc, the change will be made outlawing lead bullets for hunting. If the government can eliminate the animals we hunt with apex predators or make the components so expensive we can't afford it, people will quit shooting and or hunting. I think it's a very slow constriction leading up to the banning of firearms. But for now, enjoy this discussion of shooting frangible bullets out of your favorite rifle, because it's not long for this Country. Then the polls will say which would you choose for elk out to 400 yds. Barnes lrx, Hornady CX, Nosler E tip or Hammer Hunter. Apologies to the OP for going down this rabbit hole.

Why'd you shoot her in the shoulder? Sounds like operator error to me.
I guess I didn't come across as sarcastic as I thought I did. She ate very well. I went for a follow up shot and she dropped as the shot broke, causing me to miss the second shot. She went maybe 10 yards total. Shot was right through the meaty part of the shoulder behind the leg bone. No exit, very little blood. Very little life left in her after the 147 blew up inside her vital cavity. We've also taken deer with this bullet all the way to 926 yards. It's a nasty bullet but needs to be used to its strengths.

Idk about Ron's dumb hat or easterner's, but far west, and by that I mean California have made our choice for us. Claims of environmental impact dictated that movement. As Californication spreads so will the policies. Case in point, the reintroduction of the wolf in Colorado. In the next decade, I foresee all States passing laws due to environmental reasons or to protect us "like the jab" from lead poisoning etc, the change will be made outlawing lead bullets for hunting. If the government can eliminate the animals we hunt with apex predators or make the components so expensive we can't afford it, people will quit shooting and or hunting. I think it's a very slow constriction leading up to the banning of firearms. But for now, enjoy this discussion of shooting frangible bullets out of your favorite rifle, because it's not long for this Country. Then the polls will say which would you choose for elk out to 400 yds. Barnes lrx, Hornady CX, Nosler E tip or Hammer Hunter. Apologies to the OP for going down this rabbit hole.
Our silence has provided consent to this point, but I don't see that lasting forever. Buy what you like while you can.