6.5 creedmore

We have been shooting the 6.5-08 since the 90s. Then Remington came out with the .260 Remington in 1997. The biggest fault with marketing the .260 was that Remington was making their barrel twist 1:9 and there was no factory ammo with the exception of 140s and 130s if you could find them. Some of us long range shooters got (had the 6.5-08) the 260 and reloaded with every 6.5 (.264) bullets from 100 gr to 140s. Then we started to make our own rifles with the chamber in .260 and 1:8 barrels with 140 gr bullets. Great sucess with this caliber for hunting and 1k shooting.
Then came Hornady and with their extensive MARKETING Abilities they jumped on the 6.5 cartridge . The .260 Remington and decided that Hornady could introduce a "NEW" Cartridge to take the market over. -WHICH they did very effetely. Made a cartridge like the .260 and chambered rifles in 1:8 twist AND produced factory ammo for the CREED!
Now the beginning of a new story!
The 6.5mm Creedmoor, designated 6.5 Creedmoor by SAAMI, 6.5 Creedmoor by the C.I.P. or 6.5 CM or 6.5 CRDMR for short, is a centerfire rifle cartridge introduced by Hornady in 2007. It was developed by Hornady senior ballistics scientist Dave Emary in partnership with Dennis DeMille, the vice-president of product development at Creedmoor Sports, hence the name. The cartridge is a necked-down modification of the.30 Thompson Center.
Then a beginning of many more stories.
Hornady with their superior Marketing Skills/Abilities started the "CREED EVOLUTION" Now all previous cartridges that were made by Remington or other manufactures would be subjected to a slight change in the cartridge design and then named with a "CREED" sur name.
6.5 Creedmoor (.260 Remington)
6mm Creedmoor -(243 Winchester)
25 Creedmoor
22 Creedmoor
284 Creedmoor
30 Creedmoor
8mm Creedmoor
338 Creedmoor
Any rifle you build in the future should have a caliber with the "Creedmoor" name in it.
It is sure to be a winner, but you do have to have a "ManBun" or a clip on Bun!
If you are a female there is no discrimination. You could just put your hair in a Bun!
Edit: I think now the Man Bun is acceptable, but the Mullet/Manbun is coming into fasion.
How's it gonna feel when manbun guy beats you in 1000y shooting?

My 2¢, I'm just a hunter, I started out 45 years ago with a H&K 770 308 semi auto and always had great success with deer and hogs. After all this time I wore out the old H&K and since it's been out of production since the late 80s there's no parts for it for all intense and purpose. I sold it to a collector and started down the road to replace it. I built a super accurate 6.5 CM in an AR-10 and went out in the field hunting. 1st, it was a pig! The gun empty weighed 10 1/2 lbs and 2/3s of that was in the front even with a carbon fiber barrel! 2nd, while caliber worked fine on game it never delivered equal terminal damage on game. As I pondered what to do about it on a whim I built a 300 Hamr. That gun weighed the same as just the 6.5 upper! I sold the 6.5 and never looked back. I did re-acquire a 308 bolt gun and I can tell you, on game anyway, it is superior to the CM. If I ever take up long range steel I might revisit the CM but till then I'll stick with my 30s to put meat in the freezer.

E519D37E-6716-4B9E-B785-99D82D0EC1F1.jpeg
Behold the power

My 2¢, I'm just a hunter, I started out 45 years ago with a H&K 770 308 semi auto and always had great success with deer and hogs. After all this time I wore out the old H&K and since it's been out of production since the late 80s there's no parts for it for all intense and purpose. I sold it to a collector and started down the road to replace it. I built a super accurate 6.5 CM in an AR-10 and went out in the field hunting. 1st, it was a pig! The gun empty weighed 10 1/2 lbs and 2/3s of that was in the front even with a carbon fiber barrel! 2nd, while caliber worked fine on game it never delivered equal terminal damage on game. As I pondered what to do about it on a whim I built a 300 Hamr. That gun weighed the same as just the 6.5 upper! I sold the 6.5 and never looked back. I did re-acquire a 308 bolt gun and I can tell you, on game anyway, it is superior to the CM. If I ever take up long range steel I might revisit the CM but till then I'll stick with my 30s to put meat in the freezer.
I'd say that was a question of bullet choice, shot placement and precision not cartridge. Just my opinion based on no less than 50 kills with a 6.5cm out to 500y and target engagement to 1200y

I know this is more of a hunting forum but in 2018 USSOCOM adopted the 6.5CM for some of their stuff. So it will be used in precision rifles, light machine guns, and assault rifles for the military. It's in early stages essentially of being the next 5.56.

Ok seriously WTH is the extreme hype over the 6.5creed I understand it was designed as a long range target gun but really guys it's still a 243
I look at the creedmore as the "little brother" to the mack-daddy of long range guns that never caught on. The .264 win mag was doing all the things the creedmore does now, but doing it years ago. The problem was the 7mm mag. Everyone jumped to the 7mm, leaving the .264 to a marketing crisis and rumor mill of burnt barrels. Most of is who have one will never experience the "scare tactics" of the burnt barrel crowd.
So, is the 6.5 a new-comer to the scene...not to me. The 6.5 class has been around the block for a while...just no one recognized it until it was made into the creedmore.

I'd say that was a question of bullet choice, shot placement and precision not cartridge. Just my opinion based on no less than 50 kills with a 6.5cm out to 500y and target engagement to 1200y
Agreed. 308 is fine and all for what it is, but the consensus has been that the 6.5cm will carry more energy out past 400y. It seems like 6.5cm is a no brainer if it has enough energy to easily drop game at close range and is superior to 308 further out.

I know this is more of a hunting forum but in 2018 USSOCOM adopted the 6.5CM for some of their stuff. So it will be used in precision rifles, light machine guns, and assault rifles for the military. It's in early stages essentially of being the next 5.56.
It sounds like they're fixing to make 6.5cm more of a 7.62 battle rifle replacement than a 5.56 replacement. Weren't they working on replacing 5.56 with one of the newer 6.8 cartridges, or am I just behind the times?

I'm thinking that this creedson gun got popular faster than others , due to social media ,what older calibers could you watch on YouTube? None , Facebook etc..., you had to read about them .
Now days anyone can put stuff on social media , ethical ,unethical , true , false , etc..
Just look at how easy and simple they make shooting a Bull elk with a Bow is ? You ever tried it ? Not so easy is it , just blow the call and they come a runnin.
, yeah right .