6.5 creedmoor/6.5 prc recoil

I'm a 7mm guy, but I also have lots of .30 calibers as well, from .300 BLK up to .300 Ackley. I do have one 6.5mm...The 6.5 Grendel.
The site is freaking out on me !
I said..... I started hunting with a 7mm rem mag long before I had any 300's. Deep down it's still my favorite. 300 RUM after that. My son hijacked my 7 mag. He likes how it puts the smack on deer and lope. He used to use a 243.
Thanks Mud

Last edited:
To me "recoil effect" means two things:
1. force rearward to my shoulder upon cartridge ignition
2. rise of firearm barrel, whether shotgun, rifle or pistol.

#1. rearward force, is mitigated by (a) soft butt pad/pistol grip (b) semi-auto gas or spring buffers or (c) in-buttstock mercury tube.
#2. rise of firearm, is mitigated by having a straight line recoil (or as close as possible) as with the Ruger Precision Rifle and AR rifles.

#2 is what always makes me avoid a buttstock with lots of drop to the heel of the pad i.e. traditional Weatherby stocks. I always try to get a stock with a comb that barely clears the bolt. A good example of this is Boyd's Classic laminated rifle stock. Beautifully designed and proportioned.

Eric B.

When did anyone say it was going in a ar10?
Magnum bolt face ar10s are out there, but they're pretty unreliable and pointless in my opinion

6.5 Prc is very close to 6.5 saum in performance numbers. But does it with lower pressures, available factory ammo, available brass, and what should be a longer barrel longevity .

I know this is an old thread but wanted to inform you we figured out that unreliable part. Not sure how they are pointless. TONS of fun in many calibers. Ammo, brass, barrel lengths needs to be above 18" which is all that is needed for most of em.

www.vasilentarsenal.com

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts