6.5-7mm prc

I think i heard ultimate munitions on a podcast say they planned on building a 6.5-7prc imp. That should be interesting. Lapua announced new products and the 7prc was beat out by the 300 wsm and some designer 6mm I believe it is the gt. There should be enough demand for the 7prc in the competitive world to warrant lapua or alpha making brass soon.
Does Alpha even make any magnum brass currently?

I'm with you. I've been shooting belted magnums for probably 40 years with no Ill effects.

I also agree that the 6.5-284 and likely the PRC are better suited for a long action or at least a medium/XM length action.
My fierce edge 6.5 prc is built on a long action. Also I'm doing a 7prc on a defiance anti-x long action. Stopped at Berger 140 vld in the 6.5 and loading 168&180 Berger's for 7. I think both justify a long

The 30- 7PRC is doing very well. It's being tested by a few people. That might be my next build.
So just to clarify, are you saying there are people who are taking Hornady 7 mm PRC and necking it up to 30 cal? If so, I would like the details cause I googled it and didn't really find anything.

Or do you mean taking the 300 PRC case and necking it down to 7 mm?

I have a 264 win mag throated for 140 Berger's. It runs them at 3280fps with good case life. There was another node at 3340fps but case life was about 4 firings and the pockets were toast, Nosler brass. I would expect the 6.5-7prc would run a little behind it.

I have a 264 win mag throated for 140 Berger's. It runs them at 3280fps with good case life. There was another node at 3340fps but case life was about 4 firings and the pockets were toast, Nosler brass. I would expect the 6.5-7prc would run a little behind it.
The ones I have built have been running the 156. @3200+- 25 fps and have hit 3346 but hard bolt lift