6.5-7mm prc

Why not just a 7 saum. Except hard to get brass. It is hard to be lieve there is significant difference between a 7 saum and a 7-6.5 PRC. I have 6.5 PRC and love it. Oops. 6.5-7prc. Now that would be hot. 6.5-300 wby. Real hot

Why not just a 7 saum. Except hard to get brass. It is hard to be lieve there is significant difference between a 7 saum and a 7-6.5 PRC. I have 6.5 PRC and love it. Oops. 6.5-7prc. Now that would be hot. 6.5-300 wby. Real hot
Brass is hard to get for the 7 SAUM. However, 6.5 PRC brass is plentiful and available from Hornady, Lapua, ADG, and Peterson. It's a simple neck up using the appropriate mandrel and sizing is as simple as swapping to a bigger bushing in a 6.5 PRC FL bushing die.

The saum is too big in my opinion. Yes it does some winning but its been around a long time and never took over the 284. The prc is. Small things matter in competition that you wont see in a hunting rifle.

Do'es anyone have any results/info to share? Reamer, freebore, improved or just necked down, bullet speed, weight; velocity, what powders are working for you, barrel length and over all impression. The 6.5 7prc will most likely be my last custom build. I am temporarily side tracked with the 22 creed, but will resume the 6.5 7prc when lapua or alpha brass becomes available. Thanks for any input/info.

Do'es anyone have any results/info to share? Reamer, freebore, improved or just necked down, bullet speed, weight; velocity, what powders are working for you, barrel length and over all impression. The 6.5 7prc will most likely be my last custom build. I am temporarily side tracked with the 22 creed, but will resume the 6.5 7prc when lapua or alpha brass becomes available. Thanks for any input/info.
Don't hold your breath for Lapua or Alpha to produce 7PRC brass any time soon; at least not in 2024.