338 285 amax. What do you think for elr.

I am interested to see what the A-max might bring or not, I shoot few Hornady bullets but some that I know who've stretched the smaller bullet out have found they were running a higher BC than advertised so hopefully that is the case with this.
Looking at the ballistics I don't know what to think, like Broz said the wind drift goes over 1 moa more that the 300 OTM right when it's getting into the ranges where I'd be looking for a bullet like this that may potentially open a little better.

We'll just have to give them some air time to see how they shake out.

I'd also be interested in annealing the tip of the 300 EH, that should gain some yardage for expansion as well from what we've seen with smaller bullets that we've done.

I am interested to see what the A-max might bring or not, I shoot few Hornady bullets but some that I know who've stretched the smaller bullet out have found they were running a higher BC than advertised so hopefully that is the case with this.
Looking at the ballistics I don't know what to think, like Broz said the wind drift goes over 1 moa more that the 300 OTM right when it's getting into the ranges where I'd be looking for a bullet like this that may potentially open a little better.

We'll just have to give them some air time to see how they shake out.

I'd also be interested in annealing the tip of the 300 EH, that should gain some yardage for expansion as well from what we've seen with smaller bullets that we've done.

Without knowing a true bc and muzzle velocity over the 300, this statement is kind of a shot in the dark, don't you think? But your right, time will tell.

Any more news? Planning on trying these in my 338 win mag. I think at the slower impact speeds of the win mag the plastic tip will be a huge benefit.

Any more news? Planning on trying these in my 338 win mag. I think at the slower impact speeds of the win mag the plastic tip will be a huge benefit.

I've tried them in a few loads in my 338 Lapua and can't get them to shoot well yet. The Hornady HPBT seem to shoot much better at least in my rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.