What Is ELR?

The variables are endless, the systems are evolving faster than my learning curve.

Top of the line a few years back, seem like muzzle loaders by comparison, over the horizon may be in the future.

I appreciate you asking for conversation sake, but the guys in the game, should make the rules.

I've watched the amateur rocket guys launch at on the Black Rock Desert, amazing to live in a country where amateurs have put one in space. May it continue to be so.

I'm outgun):D

...do not go trans-sonic for another 400+ yards. So would we want to consider a hit on a target at 2 miles as something that does not qualify for an ELR shot?

Jeff

No Pew pew for rifles that can send projectiles supersonic to 4000 yards. Not fair to us mere mortals.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It makes sense to me to have classes within a range of cartridges, due to ballistic limitations, but long range should mean a long distance. No class should be shooting less than, say, 1500 yards. Most cartridges have the capability if shooting that far with the right bullet but you have to work at it. That's what makes it challenging and interesting. As the cartridges increase in bullet size and powder charge so should the distances

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts