What is going on with ELR Forum.

I have been shooting alot ELR the last year, but I have not posted much on here. I shoot mostly on 1000-1200 meters, with my 338LM. Recently I have been shooting some 500 meter UNL competitons with it, and my best result was a 4th place some weeks ago. I am now waiting for the Norwegian Championships in June. I did however set a new unofficial record with a 10 shot group at 500 meters, measuring 1.17". I used 250 grs Lapua Scenar.

I have shot my rifle with success out to 2200 meters, using 300 grs SMK and OTM's, and I hope to hit 3000 meter when the weather breaks. There is alot of frozen waterfalls up in the mountains, and they serve as perfect targets for real long range shooting.
I need to come up 245 moa to go to 3000 meters here at sealevel using the 300 grs OTM. But that is no problem ;)

I also have a new rifle built by Kelbly, it will be chambered in 7mm-338LM. I will get it sometime late this spring. Single shot, very heavy barrel, stock from GRS and hopefully the new 195 grs Berger bullets.

I have a 300 win mag, LW barrel 1:8 twist, shooting the 230 grs Berger Hybric Match bullets. Have not tested it beyond 1200 meters.
And I have a 6.5x65 RWS, also LW barrel with a Kahles 624i scope. This is my deer rifle, and it shoots 140 grs AB bullets with good accuracy and speed out to 6-700 meters on deer. I have shot 139grs Lapua Scenars out to 1625 meters without any problems. Speed is roughly 1000 m/sec.

Timeline Photos | Facebook

Oh, I don't.

I get 100 moa on my turret, and another 100 in the reticle, but there is no problem holding over another 45moa.
Actually, I plan on shooting at the top of the ice, and zoom my spotting scope in at the area that will be 145 moa beneath my aiming point. I don't plan on hitting a specific target, I will only shoot to see if the bullets will group. I think they will. The difference in speed between 2000 and 3000 meter is not big, and my groups at 2000 meter are quite good. 1.8 moa actually. Or they are good for my kind of shooting ;)

OK, wow, I get 217 MOA at 3000 yards in my area. My bullet is going slow though I think a squirrel would think it was a nut falling from tree.

Oh, I don't.

I get 100 moa on my turret, and another 100 in the reticle, but there is no problem holding over another 45moa.
Actually, I plan on shooting at the top of the ice, and zoom my spotting scope in at the area that will be 145 moa beneath my aiming point. I don't plan on hitting a specific target, I will only shoot to see if the bullets will group. I think they will. The difference in speed between 2000 and 3000 meter is not big, and my groups at 2000 meter are quite good. 1.8 moa actually. Or they are good for my kind of shooting ;)
That is a great looking and shooting set up you have . What optic are you using

I get such a good feeling from seeing such knowledgable individuals ( such as kirby and shawn ) with a high level of mutual respect for each others work and ability. Truely admirable.

I am using a IOR 12-52x56 Terminator.
It has worked flawlessly for 3000 rounds now, but on saturday it stopped working. I could not get it to focus, and the zoom ring was stuck. Something is loose inside, maybe a lense. I have shipped it back to the dealer, they will take care of me asap.

I am using a IOR 12-52x56 Terminator.
It has worked flawlessly for 3000 rounds now, but on saturday it stopped working. I could not get it to focus, and the zoom ring was stuck. Something is loose inside, maybe a lense. I have shipped it back to the dealer, they will take care of me asap.

I had similar issues with two, on a bigger calibre, didnt last as long.

Fantastic scope apart from that.....

My shooting partner and I have been out to our "heaven on earth" several times in the past few weeks trying to get back into the swing of things after a few months off. we are shooting 338 LM out to 2000yds with great success,,,,,,,,most of the time. ELR has a way of making a shooter very humble, just when you think you have your dope here comes reality and reminds you of all the variables in ELR shooting. Nothing can prepare you for making that shot at long range except practice, practice, practice. We are shooting up a long canyon with plenty of targets from 300-2000 yds and are finding that reading the wind with multiple values is a big challenge. we shoot mornings, mid day, evenings, rain, snow or shine and the old saying of "the more you learn the less you know" seems to be true.

Im just getting started to get set up in the Big Ol Missouri Breaks out here in NE MT. Since its just drying out now, will be headed out to set up from 800 to 2000+ we have wind 90% of the time here, and in the breaks, it swirls like the Mtns also. 3 new guns soon to try out at those ranges. One of Kirby's, One of Shawns and a factory now semi custom. Its gonna be fun, interesting, humbling and a real learning experience taking it to new levels for me on ELR distance with new gear all the way around.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.