300 rum loads

Yep, my gunsmith agreed and recrowned my 700-Police before he threaded the barrel and installed the Miculek brake.

Just checked a couple other specs on my load brass is full length sized and trimmed to 2.835. COL is 3.740. I picked up a pound of RE25 to start playing with today. Any suggestions for the 210gr Matchkings?

Did you know the Berger 210 gr. Longe Range Match and the 210 VLD Hunting/ Match bullets are considerably cheaper than the Match Kings? The Berger's are 100 rd boxes not 50 rd and are supposed to be at least as good maybe better. I got my dies and the last boxes of trial bullets came in today from Sinclair's. I have not used Nosler custom brass before and I ordered 300 to try and they look amazing. They are weight sorted, sized, trimmed,chamfered inside and out, flash holes are already uniformed. They are ready to Lee auto prime and seat your bullets, and they are barely more than non-prepped standard brass. This will really speed up my reloading.

Yea but VLD bullets have a shorter bearing surface than mks and typically need to be closer to or in the lands. They can be a bit more of a challenge to get shooting good if you don't know where to start. I never did try the mks when I started reloading and the most shoot so great I never looked back. But yes they are less expensive and are fantastic from what I understand

I shoot a mostly stock (glass bedded and trigger adjusted) 26" barreled Rem 700 LSS in 300RUM my favorite load is 200gr Accubonds + 94gr Retumbo + Fed 215 primers = 3200fps...

100 Yards

img_9200.jpg

300 Yards

img_9196.jpg

Not bad for a stock gun...

:D

WOOOOOW !!! Thats Great. I like AccuBond bullets and bought 180's and 200's hoping to get a good 200 gr load going, and my 338 RUM likes Retumbo so if that works in mine anywhere as good as yours, I can bulk buy Retumbo. Mine is a 700 Police with a brake. I had been looking in the books at around 94-95 grs so that is cool. Thanks, Ken

I run 180 AB's with 100.5 gr of Retumbo, Fed 215M, and Rem brass. COAL is 3.822. Makes a nice 5 shot group at 100. Wish I could shoot 208's and 210's but sadly my barrel is a 12 twist...till my new Krieger comes in.

Here is my test results for my Rem 700 BDL with 208 gr A-Max bullets and Retumbo power i currently use the 95 gr gun)

91gr avg vel 3028 ES 65
93gr avg vel 3094 ES 45
94gr avg vel 3201 ES 93
95gr avg vel 3181 ES 44

Last edited:
Yes I have a 338 custom RUM and a 300 RUM and a 50BMG. I like long range shooting. I built the 338 RUM for Elk hunts, the 300 was purchased because it was new in the box and a deal when a gunshop closed., I could have used the 338 for everything but I wanted to try the 300 RUM. When I called Superior Shooting Systems before I bought either one, they said buy a 300 RUM unless I was going to Africa. So I always wondered why they were so definate about that choice. David Tubbs has won more rifle titles and championships than any other human, so I am taking his advice now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.