30-06 that could

Me too, 55 years ago. As the years went by the recoil from full power loads became more and more uncomfortable...sooo I installed a brake, man what a pleasure to shoot.
Been considering a good break for my 300 win mag as it can get uncomfortable for extended range sessions.
The last one I had did not help at all.
Chas 1 which break do you recommend?

Pun Leroy Patterson GIF by The Human Tackboard

🤣
I'd be attacking myself! I don't have a .30-06 presently but if I could only have one centerfire rifle (heaven forbid) I can say with zero hesitation it would be a big-ish 30 caliber of some flavour.

Been considering a good break for my 300 win mag as it can get uncomfortable for extended range sessions.
The last one I had did not help at all.
Chas 1 which break do you recommend?
If I might make a suggestion, my brother installed the Lil bastard tunable muzzle brake on his Savage ultralite in 28 nosler it recoils like a 223. Unbelievable! His friend was so impressed he took his older Remington 7 mag and had the barrel threaded and installed one on it. I'm not one to be easily impressed but I intend to install one on a Savage ultralite 6.5prc I currently have on order.

If I might make a suggestion, my brother installed the Lil bastard tunable muzzle brake on his Savage ultralite in 28 nosler it recoils like a 223. Unbelievable! His friend was so impressed he took his older Remington 7 mag and had the barrel threaded and installed one on it. I'm not one to be easily impressed but I intend to install one on a Savage ultralite 6.5prc I currently have on order.
Thanks,I used to be THE guy everybody called to shoot the hardest kicking rifle they had as I could take it.
Ex football player,wide shoulders.stocky build I have handled some hard kicking rifles used in Africa when I was young with no problem but now in my 70's I get sore with a morning round of 20 rounds fired in 300 win mag.A brake is the only solution.
All comments are welcome.

Now that I think about it I shot a Lil Bastard on a 338 win mag several years ago for a gentleman.He was close to my age now and couldn't take the abuse and didn't want to step down to another caliber.Most likely a 1st or 2ond gen Lil Bastard.Still had a pretty hard thump but not as bad as a non braked 338 win mag.