6 mil plinkers that could

My intensions are for an AR build, so 2.260" mag mag length. I know my avatar doesn't meet my forum name, but I'm pretty much an AR person. I'm just looking for something in a shorter AR (15's) than the AR10's which the 6arc should do it, but trying to stay away from the needwhores or any whornady line. The 22-250ai is already the 22creed before the creed was born performance wise and beyond! All though I do own multiple 6.5creeds (AR's) and 1 6.5prc (AR also) and no short action standard bolt faced BA's. 338lm is my longest range weapon I have, so owning 308win, 300bo,7-08rem (on the way) 6.8spc, 6.5creed, 260rem, 6.5gren, 243win and 5.56/223 in AR's I was just looking for a different 6mil with a better offering than a 6x45 with decent speed and range for mainly 90gr pills. I don't have an annealer (which would be a tremendous help) for making brass of a 6.8spc to a 6spc. This gives my kids something to play with for hog, coyote and other vermin hunting. Keeping barrel range between 16-20" and a minimum velocity of 2,700 in a 16". 75's are the lightest I'll shoot and 112's the heaviest. Maybe a little off subject, but who cares is it possible to make 6creed, 6xc or similar brass from 243win? Probably not? Having a 22-250ai necked up to a 6mil would look to be a better option than the 6creed.

I know the case head is .440", but I'm not sure if you absolutely have to run the smaller bolt face or if it works in a .473". I think Borden, Kelblys, maybe also BAT have a PPC/308 bolt face that work with both. So PPC might not require an extra bolt even with the smaller casehead diameter.
I've seen listings on bolt faces for the ppc family along with the .473" from Kelby and Bat and other companies. So, you probably need the .440" bolt.

Dang it man, another thingy/knickknack/gadget/gizmo I need now 🤣
I know it. I've been wanting to get one for a while but haven't. I don't have a real "need" for one either, whereas there are other things I need to get.

I'm not as familiar with the other 6mms but do know that the PPC while a bench rest champ has a different bolt face (same as .220 Russian or 7.62x39) AND as you mention things like ease of extraction and whatnot it must be stated that that round is not really ideal for repeaters in general (or so I have read, do verify with your own findings and people that actually have done it for sure :) )
I do believe the 6mm PPC would be very similar to a 6 ARC. While I don't have an ARC I do have a 6.5 Grendel and it feeds fine in an AR (so long as I keep it clean), I don't think I would see much of an issue with a 6mm PPC in an a repeater.

Last edited:
I would just do an ARC in an AR-15. I'd save the AR-10s for something bigger/different, just the way my mind works. I was considering building a 6mm Creedmoor AR-10 but I think I'd rather have a 6mm like that in a long barreled bolt gun. Additionally I'd like to have something for hunting once in a while, since I had an epiphany when I hunted with my Grendel, so I'd like to be able to keep bullet weight a little bit higher. I think I'd like to build a 25 Creedmoor in an AR-10, since I already have a 6.5 in a bolt gun.

..pretty hard to beat the time tested 6br or its cousin the Dasher...even a standard 6PPC is a lot of fun and extremely accurate compared to any cartridge..