It could always be worse...

I did something really similar. I had switched to 270 wsm about 2018 without getting into reloading. Factory ammo was scarce, but you could generally find a few boxes at most larger retailers. Come hunting time for 2020 and I could still find some ammo, since the really common calibers went first. I scooped up 3 boxes and hoped it would be better by the next year. It wasn't. Now I've been sucked into reloading at the worst time to get into reloading. Fortunately its a bolt hunting gun, so I'm not guzzling components like my friend who has a bunch of ARs. Unfortunately this stupid expensive hobby isn't going away any time soon.
I got into reloading at age 15, now 70, so I wouldn't say the hobby is stupid expensive. My calibers were never magnums or calibers that could make me be in the position you are in now. Supplies were for a long time great and prices low. I was fortunate that I bought bulk powders that would work in most of my rifles and handguns, stocked up on brass, bullets and primers over the years. Primers are the hard thing to find now, except the internet outlets or Gunbroker where you don't know whether or not they can legally send them to you and are crazy priced (passed on that). If you can't find components you can consider buying factory ammo when available, but you have to be quick about it.

I buy seconds at SHOOTER'S PRO SHOP and 6 of the 7 bullets on my wish list are out of stock. I check every day and it's not getting better.
You can click the link at SPS to have them notify you when they are available or even when they drop the price (and they sometimes do actually drop the price) and they will notify you. You still have to be quick about buying it though.

I'm new to reloading this year. While it has been trying, I've been able to secure enough components to reload 6mm creedmoor. The hardest item to get was primers. I just looked at the big sporting goods stores, Multiple times a day. Eventually I was able to buy 3 bricks of primers. So it can be done. Just have to work at it.

Fire-forming is definitely with 2nds, heck pulled bullets. I have even grabbed some pulled from other websites. As long as they go down barrel and hold pressure, why not. If I somehow look at a ladder and decide nope, pull and save now. Different thinking now. Looking at different powders such as Ramshot and finding out hey. maybe missing out on good results with non main stream powders. Maybe same with primers.

this is why i always have atleast 200 pounds of powder and a minimum of 30k-50k primers
5k+ pcs of brass and bullets on hand for the caliber i reload for.(9 different calibers) i have never ran short or out of components in the 40+ yrs ive been rolling my own ammo

this is why i always have atleast 200 pounds of powder and a minimum of 30k-50k primers
5k+ pcs of brass and bullets on hand for the caliber i reload for.(9 different calibers) i have never ran short or out of components in the 40+ yrs ive been rolling my own ammo
Just when I start feeling good about myself I read a post like this and realize I am simply a minnow in this pond!

I had years of loads for pistol and rifle.In many calibers I no longer hunted with.Then I had a son, that shoots but doesn't reload. Top that off with I just got a nice custom 6.5 Prc ,as I wanted a plinker