30-06 that could

My 300 WM barrel is like a #3 with .675ish muzzle.
My smith threaded it 1/2x28 and put the VIAS. It looks nice and works good… not great like Lil Bastard but is completely tolerable in recoil and not extremely loud like some.

...this time tested ole' girl will handle anything in North America with ease, a simple change of bullets is all that's really needed. NO animals vital area will notice any difference in velocity if hit at 2800 vs 3000 fps...all it takes is a few extra scope clicks to dial it in at most ranges..can't beat .308 diameter holes in game...and when brass for it can't be found, everything else we use will be obsolete for years...great cartridge that deserves modern respect..

Been considering a good break for my 300 win mag as it can get uncomfortable for extended range sessions.
The last one I had did not help at all.
Chas 1 which break do you recommend?
The first muzzle brake I used was Holland's QD, which was on a .300 WM in 2003 (I still have it, but it is close to a re-barrel), and I never looked back. MBs are not for everybody. I am not recoil-sensitive, but most of my rifles now sport a muzzle device. Today, there are plenty of effective MB choices. I am a variety of MBs, and the radials are the least effective. I cannot get rid of my first radials, Quiet Brake and Vais, quickly enough. I still have a rifle with a Vais brake because it came with it; I will use it as a range gun only.

At the range, I can handle 300WBY without a brake ALL day. Or a few rounds of .375H&H. But the question is why? I have them on my rifles from 22-250 all the way to 375H&H. More pleasant that way. Just think, even back in the day when the FN-FAL came out, it had a brake. Yeah, they call it a flash hider but its essentially a brake. Same on the AK74 and most AR type rifles. Are they loud? sure, but thats why I always use DOUBLE ear protection.

At the range, I can handle 300WBY without a brake ALL day. Or a few rounds of .375H&H. But the question is why? I have them on my rifles from 22-250 all the way to 375H&H. More pleasant that way. Just think, even back in the day when the FN-FAL came out, it had a brake. Yeah, they call it a flash hider but its essentially a brake. Same on the AK74 and most AR type rifles. Are they loud? sure, but thats why I always use DOUBLE ear protection.
Hearing protection is great at the range.
However, I can't, don't, won't use it while hunting for long periods of time for that one or two quick shots.
The raidial tamed my 300WM recoil just enough and yet won't blow out my ears like some others.
It did however blow snow out of low lying branches on to me when I quickly off handed a shot at a mule deer! Lol

Hearing protection is great at the range.
However, I can't, don't, won't use it while hunting for long periods of time for that one or two quick shots.
The raidial tamed my 300WM recoil just enough and yet won't blow out my ears like some others.
It did however blow snow out of low lying branches on to me when I quickly off handed a shot at a mule deer! Lol
You do what works for you. All mine are radial, came with the rifles. I want to design my next one my self.