3 reasons why I like the 6.5 CM

Imo It's not the creed guys talking them up, it's everyone else with a 6.5mm cartridge that can't stand them. Letters on the cases don't matter, what matters is chambered rifles, ammo and brass availability and convenience in action sizes.
AF6AE71E-D795-4F3D-A854-CC13A8786C37.jpeg

My 30-06 doesn't even have optic on it. But it's an improved design as well. It's still 10 twist, but throated to run the 215 Berger at 3.45" coal. And still use the mag. It's pushing a hex coated 215 2800 fps cruising. I ran it to 2850 in win brass. Not grandpas ole deer rifle.
Ehhhhh.....Shouldn't you just get the Hornady .300 PRC and get rid of that relic?

People tend to reject Hornady's cartridges until they see the capabilities of the design. Some say the 300 PRC is just the win mag with no belt. Well it ain't, its spec's are improved for long bullets and Sammi twist rate is also designed for long range bullets. The 6.5 creed is an improved cartridge everything about it is long range target.
If you spec out your win mag to match the 300 prc you essentially have a 300 win mag improved. Might as well get the 300 prc.
Hornady is on the cutting edge of cartridge design. The old timers won't accept it. Dinosaurs couldn't adapt to change either.
Not just an opinion, Hornady cartridges prove themselves over and over.
If you say so. signed, a small T-Rex

Ehhhhh.....Shouldn't you just get the Hornady .300 PRC and get rid of that relic?
In the process. Lol
Got the barrel and headspace gauges in route. Researching now, if I need a RUM cut 700 action or if a win mag cut will work. Any info would be appreciated. I started that project as soon as I found out Alex corrected the chamber specs.

I actually like the banter. It divulges a lot of personal/character and useful information.
This is all pretty funny as I was going to title this thread- 'The only 2 reasons I like the 6.5 CM'. Then I realized that like the 7mm-08 is has it's place and support is at the top of the list of its good qualities.
Oops, I mentioned another cartridge, here we go...!

Now if we can just get the 30 TC to come back! Put the 308 to rest for good! 😂
Ps, I just screwed on a new 8 twist 308 barrel.

In the process. Lol
Got the barrel and headspace gauges in route. Researching now, if I need a RUM cut 700 action or if a win mag cut will work. Any info would be appreciated. I started that project as soon as I found out Alex corrected the chamber specs.
Don't know.....never built on a 700. They're a pretty old design! Hahahahaha....two years older than this dinosaur. Grab a ARC or Mack Brothers action, they both go to 3.825"-3.850". You have to move with the times!

Don't know.....never built on a 700. They're a pretty old design! Hahahahaha....two years older than this dinosaur. Grab a ARC or Mack Brothers action, they both go to 3.825"-3.850". You have to move with the times!
Pretty old design, but almost all two lug actions are just clones of the 700.
Most three lugs are remmy 700 component, compatible. I'm tooled up to work over 700s. Don't see any need to change, with that said, I'm also tooled up for 30-06. Lol

Last edited:
Pretty old design, but almost all two lug actions are just clones of the 700.
I was just poking fun at you. In all seriousness though a new clone might be cheaper in the long run.

FYI to every Creedmoor critic out there, I'm coming out! I am the proud owner of the smallest Creedmoor to date! And I had a frozen caramel latte from Sheetz yesterday!!!!

27687064-5082-4943-AF30-FA425CFCB5D7.jpeg

I was just poking fun at you. In all seriousness though a new clone might be cheaper in the long run.

FYI to every Creedmoor critic out there, I'm coming out! I am the proud owner of the smallest Creedmoor to date! And I had a frozen caramel latte from Sheetz yesterday!!!!

View attachment 441274
All in good fun. I knew going in this creedmoor thread it was going to be fun. My old man walker post was going to stir it up and I knew it. Lol
You think this is bad, start a bullet thread. Lol