Maybe I don’t hate the 6.5 CM

Lnewton

So, I have had a long term aversion to owning a 6.5 creedmoor but decided to give one a try. I trade for an almost new Bergara B14 Ridge. This rifle is well balanced and well put together as I would expect from Bergara. Mounted my Vortex Viper 4-16x44 HS LR and headed to the range after a quick bore sight. Took a few to dial it in but after 20 rounds, I am really overall impressed. Low recoil, tight groups, the trigger is amazing and it was just a pleasure to shoot from the bench. I have been a .308/30-06 fan for my whole life. I may have found my new favorite.

Back in the years when you had ammo choices, I bought a box of Berger Ammo with 135 classics loaded in lapua brass for $28. First 3 went half inch. Adjusted scope, chronographed another tight group. Then shot the remaining 14 rounds out to 500 yards banging steel all the way out. It was so easy.

Grabbed this from the errornet.

0eb1bec60ca96b2e4ae06c7130eef34b.jpg

Grabbed this from the errornet.

View attachment 350340
Thats hillarious! I will still own .308/30-06/.270/243&300 win mag so all is not committed. Just really impressed with this round so now I can't figure out why so much hate. I know it isn't the long range gun that the man bun crowd touts it to be but pretty impressive nonetheless!

Back in the years when you had ammo choices, I bought a box of Berger Ammo with 135 classics loaded in lapua brass for $28. First 3 went half inch. Adjusted scope, chronographed another tight group. Then shot the remaining 14 rounds out to 500 yards banging steel all the way out. It was so easy.
I put 3 in the same hole at 100 yards. It really is a well balanced rifle in what appears to be a really good caliber for certain applications

No need to be ashamed. It's a pretty good, utilitarian little round. It's not made of unicorn farts but it's easy to load for, has ok barrel life, pretty minimal recoil even in a light rifle, does well in a shorter barrel, has lots of excellent component options, and has decent terminal performance when used in the right application. Nothing to hate really.