Maybe late to the game, 6.5 creed Lapua brass

Rem700addict

This might have already been discussed, but just heard the other day that Lapua's going to start making brass for the 6.5 Creedmore. This is great to hear! For hunting purposes I haven't had any problems with the Hornady brass, but I will be interesting to see if the Creed will have a greater showing in the 1000yrd bench game. My buddy shot one in 100yrd bench but couldn't get it to print as well as his little 6br. Sorry again if I just crawled out from under a rock on this subject:):)

Actually, Lapua only confirmed it November 23rd. If you read the release, the Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor will be SMALL primer brass, unlike ANY other Creedmoor brass available. I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion of this departure from other brass. I've got a lot of faith in Lapua and I have a feeling that it's going to make a big difference - making Lapua the head and shoulders favorite brass in yet another caliber. They're not late to the game - they, wisely, waited to see if the caliber way going to catch on (or disappear in a puff of smoke) and then they did the research to find out how to produce the best brass possible. I'll wager that other brass makers are aware that there's a benefit to the small primer (like the 6.5x47L) in a .308 parent case but weren't willing to pay for the retooling costs, settling on the large primer as being "good enough" for the consumer and better for their own bottom line. Lapua, fortunately, doesn't seem to think that way.

We'll have to see how good it really is but it's possible this could be a game changer. There's a reason why many serious shooters won't build anything they can't get Lapua brass for. If they're "late to the game" on this, it'll be the first time they've made an error! I think it could be a 6.5x47L killer and that's been the suspected reason they didn't go to the Creed earlier. If that's the case, I give them giant props for this move because it shows they're REALLY listening to the consumer.

I was debating on building a custom 6.5x47L but, now, I think I'm going to build a creedmoor. Gonna wait and play with the new brass in my Savage 110 Predator, though, before I make a decision.

I have 300 rounds of 308 Lapua I made into 6.5 Creedmoor for F-class, been working very well, once I shoot those out I'll go stright to the 6.5 Lapua!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.